X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 420 View Post
    I payd €100 for the pro version. Found out later that there is not even an option for users to select smileys via a menu. While there is a setting to enable smileys (like some other settings that don't work like detach chatbox).
    When i asked if this will be added later on the reply was:

And this is why I do not recommend Dragonbyte Products.

Enjoy,
    William

Comment

Yes, a chat module to work with vBulletin using the built-in vB5 PM system and have in the chat window that refreshes and the like would be excellent!

Surprised vBulletin haven't already included it or offered it as a separate product because I think most of the functionally is already there.
      HostXNow - UK Web Hosting

Comment

vB5 now has Messenger system that is based on PM system. I just didn't enable it here. In vb com it's enabled.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          vB5 now has Messenger system that is based on PM system. I just didn't enable it here. In vb com it's enabled.
          I mean have a public chat window on the forum which all members can view and interact with each other, whether that be by using the existing PM system somehow? Though most would spam the chat, so it'd be best use by Premium members who pay for subscription or something like that where non-logged in users can see it or regular registered users can't abuse the chat by spamming ads, etc.

Comment

There are a couple of commercial chat plugins out there. CometChat comes to mind. I've never used it but I have 2 vB5 customers using that plugin.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

There are a couple of commercial chat plugins out there. CometChat comes to mind. I've never used it but I have 2 vB5 customers using that plugin.
              That looks good, but I was thinking more of an oldskool classic chat room where all usernames can be seen chatting all within the same window. Anyway, not something I think I'd use thinking about it because most users would spam the chat on certain kind of sites.

Comment

Was using commet chat before, its waste of $ as it is very heavy on server (depending on some things) and also upon first upgrade of VB you will have issues
                Every year you need to pay nice ammount of $ if you want to keep it to latest version....I just throw away $ for nothing purchasing commet chat, it was looking nice and all but as mentioned....
                Would be nice to have something simple which will use VB messanger system, showing small window to all users who are logged in.

Comment

Personally, I don't like using chat in forums as it's sort of a forum killer. It would encourage users to just chat with each other and not to post or post less to the forums.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Can't use these plug-ins if you're a cloud user. VBulletin needs a chat module for the site-builder. It's that simple. Why will they not do this???

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"