Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat Module?

Hello Glenn,

Any way we could get a chat module or widget that I could put on the side of each sub-forum? That would be awesome!!

What would the module exactly do?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I was hoping for a simple chat room. Where members on that specific sub-forum could chat in a public room. Usernames integrated in.

Comment

There are already a lot of full-featured chat plugins out there and vB5.2.3 has the vB Messenger feature.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          There are already a lot of full-featured chat plugins out there and vB5.2.3 has the vB Messenger feature.
          Can you point me in the best direction? Do they have code that I could just plug into a module on site editor? Preferably something with no branding..

Thanks Glenn!

Comment

There's cometchat and arrowchat but I've never used them. And they're chat plugins that can be integrated with any website not just vB forum. I've never seen a third party chat plugin or module that only works specifically with vB5.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

ArrowChat looks nice but it looks like it is $200-$500.

Can you develop a chat that would integrate with the site builder modules on VB5?

Comment

Moved to the appropriate forum.

I will add that to my list but not promising anything.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• vhforum
                  vhforum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for even trying! Looking forward to what you can come with!

@vhforum, I'd look at TogetherJS. It's more of a collaboration type chat that includes video, voice as well as text. There's plenty of documentation to set it up. It took me all of an hour to get it dialed in and working on my site with usernames, not showing to guests and so forth. I've since removed it because nobody really used it but it worked well.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've heard of TogetherJS before and I planned to integrate it with my JS game but didn't have a chance to do it. Maybe someday I'd do it not just in a game but in the forum.

• Replicant
                  Replicant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was actually very easy to integrate using pageData and a couple of {vb:} calls. My audience are tradesman and low-tech users so it wasn't really the best for my site but since it uses PTP realtime connections, it could be very handy in some cases.

I would pay $50 for this Glenn! Sure others would as well.. Any way to make this happen??

Comment

DragonByte Tech: vBShout (Lite) vB5.1.x-5.2.x is an AJAX based chat module which works very well and the Lite version is free.
                  It is highly configurable and as it is a module, using the Site Builder, it can be placed anywhere you like.
                  I strongly recommend version 6.1.0a9 for any vb5x forums.

Comment

• vhforum
                    vhforum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is free? I can just add the code to a module on SiteBuilder? Googled it but didn't get very far..

• gcombe74
                    gcombe74 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I could not get this to install on my 5.2.3 site? says no matter what it cant find the install class file... but its loaded?

Here is (vB5) v6.1.0a8 [Lite]
                  Do NOT ask me for full versions.

[DBTech] vBShout (vB5) v6.1.0a8 [Lite].zip

Comment

Originally posted by Felix2 View Post
                    Here is (vB5) v6.1.0a8 [Lite]
                    Do NOT ask me for full versions.

[ATTACH]n958[/ATTACH]
                    u strongly recommend version 6.1.0a9 for any vb5x forums. but where is it? u attached v6.1.0a8 ..

Comment

a9 is the paid version. I don't share paid versions.
                      a8 is the last free version.

Comment

I payd €100 for the pro version. Found out later that there is not even an option for users to select smileys via a menu. While there is a setting to enable smileys (like some other settings that don't work like detach chatbox).
                        When i asked if this will be added later on the reply was:

We have no current plans to add functionality to our vB5 modifications.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"