Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is replying to a thread

Possible with Vb 5? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=318515

I'd consider this a very cool mod if so.

Enjoy,
    William

I will actually create a Thread Viewer module after I figured out the Forum Viewing Count which is currently implemented here for testing purposes and which seems to be working perfectly.

But for who is replying to a thread or commenting to a reply, I will have to think on how to implement it.

when you enter a thread, if someone is composing a reply at that moment using the advanced editor (that is, they have loaded the 'newreply' script), then you will see that they are replying. It works much like the "Who's Online" page with regards to obtaining a user's location, but it does not auto update.
    Based on that vB4 mod, it considers someone is "replying" when the Advanced editor (which is on a separate page) is loaded, not when someone is actually typing something. So when someone is replying via Quick Reply, it won't be counted.

Users being in the Advanced editor page in vB4 might already be in the Who's Online data where the mod developer could be pulling the who's replying info from. It's different in vB5 because the advanced editor is on the same page as the thread.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
      Possible with Vb 5? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=318515

I'd consider this a very cool mod if so.

Enjoy,
      William
      Even a way to show who visited the post (showing user names), that would be real cool as well.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"