X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Gallery or Album Mod

vB6 needs a Gallery or Album mod that can be easily added onto the Navigation Bar. I've been reading tutorials, but I'm getting lost on them as most are not clear, or written for older versions or not written for novices. I had one in my vB4 forum, so to not have that feature in vB6 is hard to comprehend. I also had a add on "Garage" mod, but I abandoned that when they went out of business.

These would be a great add on for an automotive forum. The competition has it, so why doesn't vB??

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you please post a link to a sample gallery?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Something like this:

or like this:
      Browse the most recent Mini picture albums uploaded by the community

Currently I have this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vB6_Gallery_Image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	28158

So albums / pictures laid out in a grid mode . Currently when I click on the image, it goes to a post and then I have to click on photos.

And it would have to work for Cloud.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh so you're running vBCloud. With vBCloud, you are limited to mods using only client-side technologies such as HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I imagine creating a custom gallery mod like those would require server-side solution using custom PHP and calling API from the templates which are not allowed in vBCloud.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

But are those galleries from a specific forum channel? Each forum channel page has Photos tab that you can make the default tab. The Photos tab contains all the image attachments from the posts in that channel.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            And clicking a photo shows a lightbox slideshow to navigate through all those photos.

Argh! The Cloud!

Below is on my forum now. It is a from a search module. You click on the link and it takes you to a thread and then you have to select 'Photos". Terrible

Below is what you are talking about and is better, but ideally I would want the images in Albums arrayed in a grid pattern like this. You could click on a album and then an image and even make a comment on the picture. Just like vB4.

I guess what I'm talking about above is impossible because I am on the Cloud. That"s too bad because I and others would buy that add on in a heart beat.

However, maybe I can settle for just a Galley page that shows all the images in a grid pattern like below?

Name:	Photo_Grid_a.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	28187

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          But are those galleries from a specific forum channel? Each forum channel page has Photos tab that you can make the default tab. The Photos tab contains all the image attachments from the posts in that channel.
          Like this I guess:

I can't figure out how to do that. The directions in the above link are not very clear to a novice.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Yes that's the one. Where is the link for the instructions?
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              Yes that's the one. Where is the link for the instructions?
              Here:

In my opinion, the directions are written vaguely. I tried to do the steps, but it didn't work. I specified a new template, or so I thought, but it overrode all the forums and they only displayed photos. I'm hesitant about trial and error because I don't want to screw up my site.

In contrast, your directions in all your mods are well written and clear, and they describe step by step specifics, which I appreciate. I just wish others would take the same care with their tutorials.

I really think this vagueness is the source of a lot of frustration with vBulletin 5 +.

Comment

Basically, you can just link to the Photos tab (even without making it the default tab in the module options).

Check out the "Sample Gallery" link in the main navbar that I just created as a demo. I linked to it the Photos tab of the vBulletin 5 Template Only Modifications forum channel. Clicking the "Sample Gallery" link will open the Photos tab by default. But clicking that forum from the forum directory listing on homepage will open the default Topics tab.

Notice the difference in the URL. The Photos tab URL contains ?tab=media-tab in the querystring. That tells the page to open the Photos tab by default. Without that URL querystring parameter, it opens the configured default tab Topics in the module configuration.

In the same way, if you want to link to the Latest Activity tab, you'll add ?tab=activity-stream-tab parameter. Notice that the URL changes whenever you open a tab. You can copy that URL and add it to the navbar.

If you want to always open a specific tab by default from both the forum directory listing or from the navbar without specifying the tab parameter in the URL, you can modify the Channel Display Module in Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON) and configure the Default Tab option. You can also re-order the tabs in the Tab Order option if you want. If you want a specific forum channel to have Photos tab by default, then when you click Save Page, choose "Overwrite Template" as No and then specify a different template name.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks again! I did it. Easy, too. Not exactly like my old forum, but it is a basically a Gallery with images. The goal is to keep people on the site via the thousands of images to view and maybe they'll engage in a conversation. Still hard to believe vB4 had it and vB6 doesn't have it or an improved version. You've got to have a Gallery if you have an Automotive Forum.

Name:	Fiat500usaForum_Gallery_a.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	28276

Comment

trying to replicate this modification and have not been able to figure out how to get an album on my profile media tab to populate into the created channel I named Photo Gallery ... not sure what link I can use ...

i can get individual photos to display if I click on the photo tab; but was wanting to display albums as I have several categories of animals.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Aluminum Pints . To clarify, you want the photo albums of all users to show up in a dedicated Photo Gallery module that everyone can see?
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

basically so that tab at the above link called Gallery would show the album thumbnal and image count for each album encountered ... hope that makes sense.

Comment

actually i am not sure i am linking to the correct thing ( special Albums ) ...

Comment

The photos there are the photo attachments in that forum. The attachments are not in an album
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"