Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJAX Pagination

Hiya!

In regards to the AJAX pagination that is included by default in VB5: There was a mod for older versions of VB that enabled AJAX. I know this is now a feature in VB5, but one of the features from those old mods is sorely missed.

Is there a way to force AJAX to reload and pull in all new posts without having to fully refresh the page or move them along?

The mod I am referring to (different site) has a "load new posts" as well as an autorefresh, but I don't care about autorefresh. The button appears at the bottom of the thread. (example pic below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	130
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	25398

Do you know of any way to make this happen within AJAX?

Additionally, in the same vein, is there a way to make a "go to most recent unread post" towards the top of the original post in each thread? I am sure I can find the CSS where to put it, but unsure of how to make it go to the most recent unread.

Appreciate you again!

I have the Topic AJAX Auto-Update mod that automatically updates posts after every X seconds you configure but it doesn't show a Reload link to force the update. I can certainly add that feature if you need it.

Regarding adding "Go to most recent unread post", you just need to add "?goto=newpost" at the end of the topic URL to go there and the system will determine which post inside that topic is unread. But if you'll add it to the top of the topic that's already open, then the unread post is no longer unread even if the unread post is on the next page. I think that's how vB5 unread post works.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 08-30-2022, 10:52 AM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      I have the Topic AJAX Auto-Update mod that automatically updates posts after every X seconds you configure but it doesn't show a Reload link to force the update. I can certainly add that feature if you need it.

Regarding adding "Go to most recent unread post", you just need to add "?goto=newpost" at the end of the topic URL to go there and the system will determine which post inside that topic is unread. But if you'll add it to the top of the topic that's already open, then the unread post is no longer unread even if the unread post is on the next page. I think that's how vB5 unread post works.
      If you were able to add the feature to have a reload button, it will be an instant purchase. Realistically, I am going to purchase it regardless since auto-refresh is better than none, but the button would be fantastic.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"