X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likes Summary

The mod on vB.org was made for vB 5.1 back in 2014 and hasn't been updated since. However, it is working on the latest version of vB, but it is giving issues with Blogs and Articles. Is there any way you can create a similar mod like this?

I always liked the way Invision Community showed the users who liked a post below the like button:

I could do a mod for it but if there's already a working one that most vB5 owners are using, then I guess it would be better to just let the dev know about the issue on Blogs and Articles and let him fix it. But certainly, I may consider an alternative mod.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

That mod works, after a fashion, but has some issues. I don't believe the developer has any interest in moving it on.

I reckon there's a market for this to be done properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        I don't believe the developer has any interest in moving it on.
        I contacted him and for a fee he wants to update the mod for the latest version of vB, but he actually advised me to switch to other forum software...

Comment

I've tried a couple of mods but they didn't really work properly - is there any appetite for this kind of mod here? I would certainly be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by imager View Post
            I've tried a couple of mods but they didn't really work properly - is there any appetite for this kind of mod here? I would certainly be interested.
            You would think there would be, but it never seems to get any traction. There's even an improvement request for it somewhere but it doesn't get much interest.

I've got a feeling it's because the Likes system isn't actually that popular on vB5. Whether it's because of things like this though I don't know. Chicken <>Egg.

Comment

Come on Glenn

I would be willing to contribute some funds to this.

Comment

Watch out for this mod. It's in the works.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Here you go...

This is a much-requested vB5 mod to display Likes Summary for every post instead of the default functionality where it just displays the number of users who liked a post and you have to click on it to show the list of users. This plugin is very useful for forums that want to encourage user engagement and appreciation. It helps
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"