Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, just upgrade to 5.6.9 PL1

hey everyone.

i've been using vB since 3.0 and have steadily moved up through 3.6.x, then made the jump to 5.6.x a couple of years ago. had a HUGE issue with not being able to log into the admincp, which was miraculously resolved when i upgraded to 5.6.9 PL1 a couple of days ago. i did have some great help from one of the guys at vbulletin.com to help get through that.

now that i can use my message board fully again, i'm always on the lookout for mods that can help the forums out.

right now, i'm looking for a way to set up clearing the cache tables as a task. my host is all over my case about the size of my db (the site is over 20 years old, so things will naturally be big). i've reduced it in size by quite a bit just running the maintenance tasks, so they're happy with that, but they pointed out the cache file growing like it can. so, that's why i'm here. found the site via a google search.

Welcome to vBMods.rocks dmark101!

Glad to have you here. I recommend to upgrade to vB 5.7.5 PL1 due to the latest security vulnerability found in vB5 and vB6.

<p>A security issue has been found in the AdminCP log in functionality of vBulletin 6.0.0 and 5.7.5. This security patch addresses the concerns outlined in <a href="https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2023-39777">CVE-2023-39777</a>. We have created a fix for the issue.</p> <p>It is
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

thanks, i fully intend to. already have it downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101 View Post
        right now, i'm looking for a way to set up clearing the cache tables as a task.
        You might be looking for this mod:

In some cases you need to clear system cache in AdminCP once in a while to reduce the size of cache tables. Worry no more! This vBulletin 5 cron plugin runs scheduled task to automate the manual clearing of system cache using Maintenance > Clear System Cache in AdminCP. Once this plugin is installed, "Clear System

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"