X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods That Rock!

Glenn, your site has blown up! You have done very well, which is a testament to your quality of work and customer service. Perhaps a name change to "Glenns Mods That Rock" is in order?!

Seriously, thanks for all you do, for all of us!

Thanks NumNum for your appreciation!

I made some CSS tweaks on this site.
    1. If you noticed there is a subtle fixed background pattern I'm using on this site.
    2. On hover of a post in a list the user avatar associated with the post enlarges with animation. In the forum directory on homepage, the last post title also turns to bold.
    3. Prefixed topics (with gold ribbon) turns to blue ribbon on hover.
    4. Styled the code tags (code, html and php BBCodes) and the attachment block.
    I also installed the Forum Moderator List mod here.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• FatGuyInALittleCoat
      FatGuyInALittleCoat commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you by chance posted the solution to #2? Would love to add this functionality to our vBCloud version. TIA

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    If you noticed there is a subtle fixed background pattern I'm using on this site.
    I personally wish you would take the background away. When it shifts colors the font is too difficult to read. It's a distraction, and the time it takes to render makes the site feel like it is too slow.

Imagine a car overdone with customization. Gaudy chrome and emblems. That's how it looks. I prefer the clean look myself.

Just my subjective opinion, but if you really like the background I'd put it around the edges and not in the categories. The category descriptions are about impossible to read because my eyes wander over the graphics. And the blending makes the font disappear into the background.

In other words, get rid of the "hover" over when over the categories.

Hope you don't mind some positive criticism.

Enjoy,
    William

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback William. Will look into it.

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Removed the scrolling background image in the module title and categories. Does that look better?

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Removed the scrolling background image in the module title and categories. Does that look better?
    Much better. The site no longer "lags" as bad, but it still lags. It is like it is loading in increments? When I scroll down the categories, it isn't a smooth constant scroll effect, but loads with a sputter.

Are you using some kind of mod that only loads the page when you get down to the bottom of it?

Enjoy,
    William

Comment

I don't see the lag on my side. Could you take a video screencast?
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• William
        William commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not noticing it now!

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"