Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Vbulletin

Now after vb 5.3 is released, I would like to update to it from 5.2.6

This will be my first update with vbulletin and.... I am a bit scared to do something wrong

I have read the online documentary, but its a bit confusing to me.. because its very messed up I think.

What I would do now is:

- Download the "Entire Package" (does it overwrite my addings/changes to translation?)
    - Create a backup
    - Turn off the Forum in Admin Panel
    - upload ALL files (?) via FTP
    - open http://www.yourdomain.com/pathtoforu...ll/upgrade.php in my browser
    - enter my member number
    - start upgrade

Is there missing something?
    I wonder if I have to make any changes to my .htaccess or the config.php ?

Oh.. and the premium mods I bought from you Glenn, will there be any problems?

couple things i add to that...

when i do backup i grab a zip of files and also db so its easy to go backward if you need to....its possible to "reupload" back a previous version package if there is issue but i like just perfect db/files match set and no mixed files that shouldnt be there.

you shouldnt need to update phrases/translations..

i delete the favicon file before uploading or it will replace my custom one......htaccess is marked .txt before installation so thats no worry...config shouldnt need change either

for custom products if you have any conflict you can disable all products and test one by one to see which one is making the problem....this can be done in a test environment if you are concerned of potential delays/problems

Comment

The way i have done this is more or less the same as you have posted and yes it is always wise to backup database if things do go wrong all you need to do is restore your database and reupload the older version of vb edit the config.php to point to the database.
      One thing you may find is that if you have any custom mods installed they may not work as expected.
      As long as you follow the instructions it should be fine and as someone who has not missed an upgrade since version 3 right up to version 5.3.0 including all alpha and beta releases without any major problems i would reccommend an update to 5.3.0
      Regards
      Willie
      Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

You will also need to update the config.php. vB 5.3.0 introduced 2-factor authentication. The setting is in the config file.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello everybody,

I have already updated without problems but now i can not remember which folders i need to upload

I have to update from vb 5.4.2 from 5.4.4, I remember that there were 3 folders that I did not have to load, one was the images folder but I do not remember the other 2,

Who helps me please?

Comment

You have to upload everything inside the 'upload' folder (except the file favicon.ico if you've replaced it with your own custom favicon). I don't know where you got the information not to upload the images folder.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
            Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              You have to upload everything inside the 'upload' folder (except the file favicon.ico if you've replaced it with your own custom favicon). I don't know where you got the information not to upload the images folder.
              Hello Glenn, i'm sorry for the absence, I got confused with another forum in phpbb3 now is ok i have updated
              Thanks for your support.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"