Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make the Advanced Mode default for the Editor.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make the Advanced Mode default for the Editor.

Add to css_additional.css

Code:
    /* Start Advance Editor is Default */
    .b-editor--cke-toolbar-is-hidden .cke_top {
      display: block;
    }
    /* End Advance Editor is Default */

Works Great, Thanks.

Comment

I don't recommend this as this breaks the A button and the x button of the advanced editor.

I posted a template hook in vB support forum on how to do this without breaking other functionalities.

Hi VB Admins, First I'd like to say that the AdminCP is not user friendly at all, this is the worst I've ever seen. There are many issues/lacking in the software
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

This would appear to be a better process, however, when applied to my test site, it does not work.
        The reason for this has to do with the use of javascript to achieve this function.
        Most modern browsers disable javascript and in testing the EventTrigger is killed by most ad-blockers.
        WHEN it works, this is a nicer approach, but how many users who installed security software are going to disable it for this?

Comment

I have AdBlock Plus installed and the script is not blocked and works for me.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

nvm
            Last edited by Calamity; 09-19-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

You can enter any template name (without spaces). Make sure the template name used in Hooks is the same template name for the new template you create. There's a tutorial in vB support forum on how to create a template hook.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blogs...-luke/3929999-
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                You can enter any template name (without spaces). Make sure the template name used in Hooks is the same template name for the new template you create. There's a tutorial in vB support forum on how to create a template hook.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blogs...-luke/3929999-
                Thanks bro! I edited my post saying "nvm", as I realised how stupid I was... xD

It's all fixed now. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                  I don't recommend this as this breaks the A button and the x button of the advanced editor.

I posted a template hook in vB support forum on how to do this without breaking other functionalities.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...22#post4268822
                  What would be the script for the smilies?

Comment

Originally posted by shining View Post
                    What would be the script for the smilies?
                    Found out the answer on my own:

Code:
                    <script>
                    (function() {
                        window.addEventListener('load', function() {
                            $('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--smiley"]').click();
                        });
                    })();
                    </script>

Comment

When I try to edit the css_additional file, I get a message with the following:

Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page using the Administrator Permissions section of the control panel.
                      I am the lead admin. When I go to permissions, it looks like I've got all the permissions set to allow.

Any ideas? I am using VBCloud btw.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Editing template in vBCloud is not allowed. To add custom CSS, you do it in Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON) > Style > CSS Editor. Choose the target theme/style, then paste the custom CSS and then save it.
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Where is The advanced editor? I cannot seem to imbed videos or use the vB rocks HTML5 converter/

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                            glennrocksvb commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you click the A button at the upper right corner of the editor, then it will load the Advanced editor that includes different editing toolbars.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"