Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've noticed when I turn my phone from horizontal to vertical the forum is now half the size of my display. If I reload it in vertical mode, it is full-size. I'm on a Samsung phone.

I think it may possibly have changed with the new update to vB6.01. I never noticed it when I first did the mod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Site_half_sized_on_Samsung.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	28151

Comment

New code worked for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
        I've noticed when I turn my phone from horizontal to vertical the forum is now half the size of my display. If I reload it in vertical mode, it is full-size. I'm on a Samsung phone.
        Looking at your screenshot, I think it is caused by the ad (AdSense?) which is not Responsive. When you load the page while phone is in landscape mode, it renders the ad based on the available width. But when you rotate it to portrait mode, the available width is narrower but the ad does not automatically resize. You need to cnange your ad to a Responsive ad.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hmmm... Those were Google Auto Ads and they were supposed to be optimized for Mobile. I paused the ads and it looks like the issue stopped. I'll check tomorrow to be certain. Then, I guess I'll see if I can manually add advertisements.

Thanks for checking it out.

Comment

That issue also happens on this site. Google Ads seem to have Responsive design issue when page is loaded on mobile landscape view and then rotating to portrait view. That's a Google issue and not a vB issue. I wouldn't worry with that too much because very few people would view the forum on their phone using landscape orientation first or switch between orientations.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
            Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Learning
              Learning commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. That's mad annoying, but I guess that's sums up Google.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"