First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saiff View Post
    hi glenn

appear : user profile for glennrocksvb

is not it better to delete user profile for?
    You can do so if that's what you prefer. Personally, I like making it more descriptive. Saying just the username in the title tag doesn't fully describe the page.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Personally, I think you are expensive for your vb5 adjustments

Comment

Originally posted by iask View Post
        Personally, I think you are expensive for your vb5 adjustments
        Thanks for your opinion. But this particular mod is free and I offer more free mods than paid mods (63 vs 27 at this time!). If you don't want to spend then you are welcome to just get the free mods.
        Last edited by glennrocksvb; 03-18-2018, 10:00 AM.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Does work version 5.4.5 ?
          I have this code in my header template
          But slightly different from the explanation
          <vb:if condition="$page['channelid'] != $nodeid AND !empty($conversationStarter) AND !empty($conversationStarter['title'])">

Comment

sky55, I just tried it in my test 5.4.5 installation and it still works. The default 5.4.5 code is still the same as mentioned in the steps. Maybe you are looking at the wrong line of code. The code I was referring to is inside the <title> tag in the header template. See screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	97
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	15726
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Work for https://www.pctuts.be/ ?

Comment

The quick way to tell if it works is if the Profile page browser tab title shows the username. But to check the meta description, you have to view the generared HTML source of the page by right clicking and choosing View source or View page source then searching for "description".

Take note that you have to browse the page as guest to simulate search engine visiting your site.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

PHP Code:
                                              <!DOCTYPE html>                                             <html id="htmlTag" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" xml:lang="nl" lang="nl" dir="ltr">                                             <head>                                                                                                                                         <base href             ="https://www.pctuts.be/" />                                                                                           <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00273l/1546716914-main-cssnormalization.css" />                                             <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00273l/1546716914-main.css" />                                                                                           <script type="text/javascript" src="js/header-rollup-545.js"></script>                                                                                           <meta property="fb:app_id" content="1815733868740364" />                                                                                                                                         <meta property="og:site_name" content="Hulpforum Pctuts" />                                             <meta property="og:description" content="User Profile" />                                             <meta property="og:url" content="https://www.pctuts.be/member/131-mdc1756" />                                             <meta property="og:image" content="https://www.pctuts.be/images/misc/pctuts.jpg" />                                             <meta property="og:type" content="website" />                                                                                                                                                                                       <meta name="google-site-verification" content="IyTe30dWbRhfjz-WrBgTBrlS5_PmaziUlhL10N_YDgs" />                                                                                                                                         <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="F50B45EB2850CF9D337490A108E6114C" />                                                                                           <link rel="canonical" href="https://www.pctuts.be/member/131-mdc1756" />                                                                                                                                         <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover" />                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         <title>                                                                                                                                                                                       User Profile for mdc1756 -                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Hulpforum Pctuts                                             </title>                                                                                           <meta name="description" content="mdc1756 is a member of vBMods.rocks community. Visit their profile for more details on their activities, basic information and more." />                                             <meta name="generator" content="vBulletin 5.4.5" />                                                                                           <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00273l/1546716914-twitterlogin_style.css" />                                             <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00273l/1546716914-googlelogin_style.css" />                                             <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00273l/1546716914-postbit.css" />                                             <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="core/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00273l/1546716914-css_additional.css" />                                             <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=273&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=css_profile.css&amp;ts=1546761029 " />                                                                                           <script type="text/javascript">                                             if (location.hash) {                                             document.write('<style type="text/css"> a.anchor { display:none;} <\/style>');                                             }                                                                                           var uploadUrlTarget "https://www.pctuts.be/uploader/url";                                             var pageData = {                                             "baseurl""https://www.pctuts.be",                                             "baseurl_path""/",                                             "baseurl_login""https://www.pctuts.be",                                             "baseurl_core""https://www.pctuts.be/core",                                             "pageid""8",                                             "pagetemplateid""11",                                             "channelid""",                                             "nodeid""0",                                             "userid""0",                                             "username""Gast",                                             "musername"null,                                             "user_startofweek""1",                                                                                           "user_lang_pickerdateformatoverride""",                                             "textDirLeft""left",                                             "textDirRight""right",                                             "textdirection""ltr",                                             "can_use_sitebuilder""",                                             "cookie_prefix""pctuts",                                             "cookie_path""/",                                             "cookie_domain""",                                             "sb_state_cookie""pctutssitebuilder_active",                                             "inlinemod_cookie_name""inlinemod_nodes",                                                                                           "pagenum""1",                                                                                           "languageid""1",                                             "threadmarking""2",                                             "lastvisit""1546763021",                                             "phrasedate""1546763303",                                             "optionsdate""1546250693",                                                                                           "current_server_datetime""1546763332",                                             "simpleversion""v=545",                                                                                           "showhv_post""1",                                                                                           "nextcron""1546763340",                                             "securitytoken""guest",                                             "eustatus""-1",                                             "flash_message""",                                             "registerurl""https://www.pctuts.be/register",                                             "activationurl""https://www.pctuts.be/activateuser",                                             "helpurl""https://www.pctuts.be/help",                                             "contacturl""https://www.pctuts.be/contact-us",                                             "datenow""06-01-2019"                                             };                                                                                                                                                                                       </script>                                                                                                                                         <link rel="alternate" title="Hulpforum Pctuts" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://www.pctuts.be/external?type=rss2" />                                             </head

Comment

It works but you didn't change the description to match your site. It says vBMods.rocks:
                    HTML Code:
                    <meta name="description" content="mdc1756 is a member of vBMods.rocks community. Visit their profile for more details on their activities, basic information and more." />
                    ​​​​​​Don't just blindly copy and paste the code without reading the instructions carefully.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hello Glenn,

My forum is arabic rtl so I have this problem after i changed this

please how can i fix it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	624.0 KB
ID:	17806

Comment

What did you change that cause that? The code provided in this mod does not change the RTL orientation of the page.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I checked your site and I noticed you have this in css_additional template:
                            Code:
                            li {
                                display:inline;
                            }
                            You should not use that code. That code is too broad that it applies to all <li> tags on all your pages! I don't know what that code is for but it should be made more specific to apply it only to the desired element(s) on a page.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                              I checked your site and I noticed you have this in css_additional template:
                              Code:
                              li {
                              display:inline;
                              }
                              You should not use that code. That code is too broad that it applies to all <li> tags on all your pages! I don't know what that code is for but it should be made more specific to apply it only to the desired element(s) on a page.
                              Hello Glenn,

Thank you, i don't know what is this code for, I just put css and if it works i leave it without understanding its details !

Thank you for removing it, The problem is still noticed but only on firefox and firefox developer, it is shown appropriate on chrome and smart phones.

Now firefox developer crashes each time i open the site or try to open site builder.

Thanx

Comment

If you have remove that li css code but it's still broken in Firefox, then try clearing browser cache.
                                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                                X
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"