X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    I think I misunderstood your suggestion a bit. But I think I got it now. So if a post is linked (with post id at the end of topic URL), show that specific post and hide the rest. Is that correct?
    Yes for a specific post.

Thanks.

Comment

+
      I have the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by lange View Post
        I would be interested in a version where it is possible to have a message ID to be visible inside a topic, the rest would be hidden. In others words, the first post in the topic might (or not) be visible as it is now, but another post/message in the topic might be visible if the link is provided, the rest is hidden. This ID would be visible for example.
        I checked and this cannot be done just by using 100% CSS. It requires scripting to be able do it. But even then, it would still have a challenge to implement it. For example, if the linked reply is on page 2 of a topic, we would show that reply and hide the rest including the first post. But when you navigate to page 1, how would it know to hide the first post if the ID of the linked reply is gone?
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I see. I prefer to keep things as simple as possible for the next versions of vBulletin. 100% CSS would have been interesting.

Just too bad then.

Thanks.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. Unfortunately, it not technically possible with pure CSS.

Hi,

I have a small issue with the Blur custom CSS and the Topic Starter Image in the horizontal postbit. The image is shifted to the right for a reply from the same Topic Starter. With the Blur custom CSS disabled, everything is positioned correctly in the postbit. No problem with the vertical postbit in the other styles. The creation date of the topic is hidden for the guests.

For the Topic Starter Mod, I used the mod from another coder (y.....z) on vb.org but I don't think the Topic Starter Mod is the cause of the issue because with the Blur CSS disabled, the image is positioned correctly.

I can live with this issue but I would be happy if it could be fixed.

Any idea?

Regards

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            I need a link to a topic page in your forum in order to inspect and see what is causing it.

• lange
            lange commented
            Editing a comment
            It is possible that the issue is caused by the horizontal postbit. Let me re-check everything and I'll give you a test forum link if the issue isn't fixed by myself. I will also test on browsers other than FireFox.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not unusual that CSS conflict occurs between mods especially if the mods were developed by different devs.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you still have this issue and want it to be fixed? If yes, then I need to see it to be able to find a solution. It's a visual layout issue issue so I cannot blindly fix it without seeing the page.

Hi,

I look at your code, it's only pure CSS code. I know that we can use a style sheet instead of CSS code and place this style sheet directly in a template. What do you think of this idea? Is it possible? Could you make a product that meets the following conditions:

- obfusccate on a per forum basis.
          - obfuccrate on a per user group basis.
          - obfuccate on a per forum AND per usergroup basis.

Comment

• lange
            lange commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm quite familiar with vB5 conditionals, I think I can go through the templates but I'm not sure of the template name.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into that.

• lange
            lange commented
            Editing a comment
            I am willing to pay for this product.

This works by going through the display_contenttype_conversationstarter_threadview _Text template without changing anything in your CSS. It works by using
          Code:
          <style>your CSS</style> + a conditional that tests an array of usergroups AND an array of specific forums + a <vb:else /> on the default content of the [I]display_contenttype_conversationstarter_threadview _Text[/I] template.
          I'm still interested in a product that does the same thing because I am not able to make a product. I would prefer to use a product.

Regards

Comment

• lange
            lange commented
            Editing a comment
            I note a small loss of performance in the background display of the content slider for example. I'm going to drop my custom template. As it can be deactivated in one click if we go to the source code, I'm going to use your mod in combination with another mod on vB.org that hides content from guests using the Hide tag. It will be OK with that.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"