X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

messenger css challenge

im using a dark style and ive noticed the messenger popup uses a light colored ckeditor, but the same font color from the dark style, so i cant read what i type or what is posted very well....
    ive changed the chat bubble colors with the stylevars they have so far but the editor is still a problem...is there an easy css rule to darken editor background or change the font color for the popup?
    that would be great...even a hack solution would be acceptable for now...but i would prefer the cleanest solution possible...

anyone looked into this yet?
    ​​​​​​​thanks

Did you look at http://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin-...ditor#post1167

Comment

hmm, idk....i remember doing something like that changing ckeditor color of something before, but for this its an issue because i like the color when making a post, but in messenger i want it to use the same colors not to draw from another location for the code...want to make them match...

interesting tho, thank you for the info, i may poke into that a bit more later....nice to see someone else liking dark styles too

Comment

Could you post a snapshot of the screen so I can see exactly what you want changed?

PS Love the dark theme. I make games, so I have an arcade style theme using neon effects.
        You can preview at http://vbmods.rocks/forum/miscellane...=1316#post1316

Comment

When you change the font in the .js file for the CKEditor, it sets it for all windows which use the function.
          Private messages, internal mail, et c.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1360

Comment

oops sorry, i had a couple windows open and posted in the wrong topic

For a very long time now I have been annoyed with the fact that ever since I upgraded to vB5 my compose message box has been black text on dark grey (almost

Comment

Ah, this might make you smile

Add this code to css_additional.css and set the colour you want.

Code:
              /* Start Change Editor Background */
              .cke_wysiwyg_frame.cke_reset {
                  background-color: darkgreen;
              }
              /* End Change Editor Background */

Comment

BTW, looking into the messenger feature, that code is a little too early for release.
                I myself have a hodge=podge system that would place my version somewhere in the vB5.2.0 range, so I have not added the code as yet, nor will I likely as I have my own IRC server and messenger system.
                I have consulted with the Sultan's, who presently use vB5.2.4, and are having no end of trouble with the changed code breaking themes and really pissing off customers.
                Biggest complaint thus far is the messenger service not matching default theme.

Looking forward to the updates.
                As is now the VB Messenger is inaccessible for lack of template features. Also, I notice a JS error while loading the Fatih template in Vb 5.2.3 up. TypeError: vBulletin.Responsive.Debounce.checkInitialBrowserS ize is not a function
                Seems every time vB gets a new release they set the global community back 2 years by breaking everything.
                So, don't feel too bad if your colour palette doesn't look proper, as you are not alone.
                Hopefully the mods here have resolved your needs.

Comment

interesting infos, thank you for sharing...

i slapped the code you provided into top and bottom of both my additional.css templates but some specificity override blah or something idk...i wanna try again on a default style to check just havent got to it yet...

i compared the greenfox style versions 5.2.0 and 5.2.3 and i can see that he darkened the font a bit himself, its just still to light so even if i upgrade the style i will need a solution...i have also posted on his forum so maybe other infos will soon come out..

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"