X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Custom Avatars Selector

One of the ways to encourage forum members to upload a custom avatar is to provide them with a predefined list of avatars to choose from, making it much easier to upload an avatar with just point and click. This is possible with this Custom Avatars Selector plugin for vBulletin 5. It integrates well with the existing Edit Avatar dialog popup without requiring the forum admins to edit existing vB templates to add this feature. Please see screenshot below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	custom-avatars-selector.png Views:	1 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	18045

Watch video screencast demo below:

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with vB5 and 6 (self-hosted)
    • Not compatible with vBCloud.

NOTES:
    1. You must provide your own set of avatars by searching the web for free or paid custom avatars pack or creating your own avatars. This mod does not provide these for you.
    2. This requires uploading files to your server and installing product XML file.

Price 1:

$35 (with vbmods.rocks branding in the footer)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Price 2:

$60
    ($35 base price + $25 branding-free)

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-31-2023, 10:30 PM. Reason: Added vB6 compatibility
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Another great mod!, Thanks Glenn!

Comment

• O i O -U too
      O i O -U too commented
      Editing a comment
      A curios *case* indeed be *U* Dear NumNum.
      Please don't get mE wrong~ your dedication to your own members *i* see! &~ I do understand your quoted text.
      AND~ your dedication to both of the vB support forums, Glenns and vB's, *i* both silently AND & *HERE* Applaud LOUDLY.
      BUT~ of *u* *i* see little but the quote above.
      WHICH to mE~ beggars the question~ What do *i* do *with* a life long Smile and a life long chuckle , now so weary of all the clowning around *we* all know of.

• NumNum
      NumNum commented
      Editing a comment
      Im not sure I understand your thoughts?

Great ? It's amazing Forums can now begin to show a personal touch UPFRONT.

Only thing still missing is~ to do away with the ugly standard *guest* avatar images that show in the what up section~ by automatically selecting from a set of images rather than, as I say that ugly empty style.

SORRY~ that show up in the recent visitors module. AHHHh~ just do away with anything that has no personality full stop.

Other than that Glenn... thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by O i O -U too View Post
      Only thing still missing is~ to do away with the ugly standard *guest* avatar images that show in the what up section~ by automatically selecting from a set of images rather than, as I say that ugly empty style.
      You could change the default avatar by overwriting /core/images/default/default_avatar_thumb.png and /core/images/default/default_avatar_large.png files on the server. But you'd have to do that every time you upgrade.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

HI, all,

Well I've had Glenn install this ADDon and IT's Fantastic. Can not show you yet since site still under LOOKsee's instructions But shouldn't be long now.

I have suggested to Glenn that a better package would be to incorporate the resizing of avatars into the purchase price as well as 1 or 2 other things BUT~ I NOW KNOW BEYOND DOUBT that it takes a coder time to do these things ~ not for free~ is a *must*.... in his case.

Comment

• O i O -U too
          O i O -U too commented
          Editing a comment
          Why thank you dear person~ mY 1st like. Who knows *i* might get better at this.
          DID you give any more thought to the Skype zip... i sent ?

Hello Glenn,

1- avatars appear in a vertical view, how could i change it to horizontal as in the post up?

2- Where could I add the translation?

Thanx

Comment

Do you still need help Blackhorse? It seems like you already figured out. I checked your site and the avatars display horizontally and not vertically. I also noticed the text is already translated.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            Do you still need help Blackhorse? It seems like you already figured out. I checked your site and the avatars display horizontally and not vertically. I also noticed the text is already translated.
            Hello Glenn,

I have translated the text in the xml file before I upload, is that Ok or would you prefer another way?

Regards,

Comment

It is perfect!!

I just had to clear cache.

Thank you Glenn

Comment

Glad you fixed it on your end.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Definitely interested in a vbCloud version!

Comment

This doesn't seem to work right in 5.5.5. All my avatar images sit vertically in one line instead of horizontal, any idea's? I just paid over $50 AUD for this

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please PM me your forum URL and provide me test account to use and I'll take a look at the issue.

Confirmed working in VB 5.5.5 and VB 5.5.6 Beta 1.
                    Thanks to Glenn for taking the time to provide support. 10/10

Comment

I am interested in this one too but I want to know if it is complicated to install

Comment

Still works on VB 5.6.1 and not complicated as long as you have access to your FTP to upload files and follow the included instructions.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"