Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Module That Rocks (with forum name)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just upgraded to vB 5.2.6 and installed the latest Search Module That Rocks v1.1 here. See test event in the Latest Topics module on homepage and notice that the forum name is there..
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Installed this mod fine, no probs. But there's no instructions on how to configure the settings for this module and there's lots of settings, at that.

It's past midnight here, so I'll leave this one until tomorrow (or later today, in fact).

Love the mods I've installed so far!

Comment

It's exactly using the same settings as the default Search module.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'm about to buy this, but one thing I'd like to know is if it's possible to also show a "Read" status on recent posts. I'd like to do a recent posts module that also shows whether you've seen it or not.

Would this be possible?

Comment

• Daryn
            Daryn commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear. Thanks for the great mod. Makes vb5 more usable.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the purchase. Your rank has been updated.

• Daryn
            Daryn commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome. Got it installed on the test forum to get used to the settings. If you get that read indicator added at some point that will make it pretty much perfect. Site upgrade is soon, I've got butterflies.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            The settings are exactly identical as the default Search module.

• Daryn
            Daryn commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I know. I got it to do the same things as the default one easily enough.

Just ordered it. Will install it shortly. Thanks Glenn.
          Dotti

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I sent you a PM.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the search just right. Here's my JSON.

Code:
          {"date":{"from":"14"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Text"],"channel":{"param":"channelid"},"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"view":"activity","exclude":"6","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
          When I use this query, I end up with the latest reply to a given topic in descending order. Except that It doesn't include a bunch of topics that should be there. If I drop the 'activity' from the view query I get all the results I expect in roughly the right order. The exception is with a thread started and replied to. The starter is displayed above the reply for some reason.

What I'm trying to achieve (and had until vb decided to reset my homepage for some reason.) Is a reverse cron display that shows only the latest posts in a given thread. Any insight you might be able to provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

That sounds like the issue Mark.B was referring to, which will be fixed in vB 5.3.1.
            ​​​​​
            ​​​​https://vbmods.rocks/forum/members-l...=3815#post3815
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hm... So then if I'm filtering to 14 days and the thread is older than that but a reply has been posted in it, it may not pick up that post? That's a **** of a weird bug.

Comment

• Daryn
                Daryn commented
                Editing a comment
                Just wanted to follow up on this and confirm that it is in fact, a really weird bug. With "view":"activity" in your query replies to a thread will only show up if your date range encapsulates the thread's 'start' date. In our case, we have a thread that's been going on for more than a year. Replies to it will only appear if the from date goes past its creation.

Thought some of you guys might find this helpful.

So now that I found out how to use prefixes... in your search mod here in your forum you can see the prefixes when hovering over the small icon left to the title... is this build in your search mod or just modified for your forum here? I am asking because you did not mention it in the introduction of this mod.

The official vb5 search now shows the forum names... but not the prefix Thats why I am now looking for a way to display it.

Comment

I didn't add the prefix as it was there before in the default Search Module. If it's not there anymore then it's a bug. I just customized the style of the prefix on this site using custom css.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• shining
                  shining commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oooh I´m sorry. I just tested it.. no its not a bug maybe? I just found out that I can see it in compact view... but not standard (which we are using on main homepage)

Sad that IB or vB integrates all interesting and good modules as a standard in vB5. Don't know since when, but in 5.3.2 there is a badly implementation of this great module.
                Couldn't say if channel is the right name for a forum/ categorie in english but channel = kanal (in german) isn't it exactly. It means more likely a tv-channel, sewer, canal or a drain.
                Your implementation didn't needs a translation because in german it named also in 'categorie'! Great work
                Not that they haven't a lot of improvement jiras there are no mods out there right now... still nearly no own ideas and implementations

Thanks for your great work glenn!
                My forum closed !

Comment

I don't like the way vB implemented the channel name in the Search module. I mentioned that in the 5.3.2 discussion thread and suggested this mod.

As expected, they asked me to create a JIRA. Why can't they do it right the first time especially for a simple thing like this? And then rely on customers to create enhancement requests for the half-baked stuff they did?

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi, how can I update this module in VBulletin?
                    Currently I am using version 1.0 which I purchased, is the update 1.2 also included? If so where can I download it?
                    Thanks for your help.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PM me the Order ID or your Paypal email address and I'll re-open your order so that the latest version can be sent to you.

I think default vB now has this function ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Glenn, I planned to buy this search module, but I am not if the search results can display something like this output on your page?

I planned to use this search module on frontpage since it can display a topic with a image thumbnail.

Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"