Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at your site (still have the login you provided me before) and I noticed that FB post URL is inside the [URL] BBCode. Make sure that "Disable Automatic Link Parsing Within This BB Code" is set to Yes in the BBCode setting. And also make sure when you paste the FB URL, paste it as plain text to prevent it from being pasted as a hyperlink.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      I looked at your site (still have the login you provided me before) and I noticed that FB post URL is inside the [URL] BBCode. Make sure that "Disable Automatic Link Parsing Within This BB Code" is set to Yes in the BBCode setting. And also make sure when you paste the FB URL, paste it as plain text to prevent it from being pasted as a hyperlink.
      Thanks for taking a look !

So I have checked the BBCODE settings for FB and the "Disable Automatic Link Parsing Within This BB Code" is set to Yes, you can see all the current setting in the link below I did just try pasting a link as plain text with between the tags, but again I only get it working when I preview, upon submitting the embed goes blank. Any other ideas ? Sorry to be pain.

Comment

I still see the [url] bbcode tag in the second post in your forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	409
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	18141
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Maybe there's a bug when rendering a post, it parses the URL in a BBCode which it shouldn't based on the BBCode setting.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hmm bugger, I am wondering if there is a workaround. My colleague did get it working at one point but then stopped again. The only change I made between the time of it working and not working was the jQuery, setting it from jQuery to google via the drop down in AdminCP. Oddly enough, setting it back to jQuery did not fix the issue. However it not working may have nothing to do jQuery.

Searching on the internet on this yields little help as well unfortunately.

Comment

As an update for any one interested, it was an additional plugin on the site that was forcing the parsing of URLS for its own needs, which was breaking the Facebook BBCODE. I stumbled across the setting the other day. It was a plugin that goes by the name of "Title Tag Grabber and Video Embed by mdawg"

So with that fixed, I did notice one last error that I am getting in the dev console upon embed, it does not seem to cause any issue in functionality but would be nice to remedy for the sake of completeness I guess. The error is as per the below screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB Embed Error.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	18340

I did try navigating to the link https://fburl.com/debugjs, but all I get is a page cannot be found on FB's end . Has anyone seen this error before ? An easy fix ?

Thanks,
              P

Comment

Those are errors on Facebook side. I wouldn't worry about those if they don't affect or cause any issue on the FB embed.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Awesome, if it ain't broke don't fix it right ! Thanks for the input.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"