X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Mod Allow to Like your own posts

By default, you are not allowed to Like your own posts in vB5. This restriction may not be desirable for some people. Facebook and other social sites allow liking your own posts, why not on forums?

If you want to do this, you'll need to edit the Reputation API. Follow the steps below:
    1. Logon to FTP or cPanel (or equivalent) on your server.
    2. Open the /core/vb/api/reputation.php file. You may want to create a backup of this file before editing it.
    3. Find the 2 instances of the following line:
      PHP Code:
      throw new vB_Exception_Api('reputationownpost'); 
    4. Comment out that line so that PHP parser will ignore it.
      PHP Code:
      //throw new vB_Exception_Api('reputationownpost'); 
    5. Save the file.
    This is a FREE mod. If you use this mod, please consider donating to show your and support. Thank you!

NOTES:

This requires a PHP file edit, so:
    • That means this mod is only for self-hosted version and not possible in vBCloud. Sorry vBCloud owners!
    • You will lose the changes whenever you upgrade. You will have to re-apply the changes every time.
    For those who are not comfortable editing PHP files on the server, you could purchase the Product Installation Add-On service below and we will install this mod for you.

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

vBulletin One-Time Plugin Installation Service Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get one-time professional installation of this mod from us.

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

can you make same mode,so guest can like post?

Comment

Likes are associated with users who liked a post. To whom a Like would be associated with for guests? Guests don't have user account. Their userid is 0. And besides, if guests can like a post there's a greater chance that it would be abused by malicious users who might create a script that automatically sends loads of API requests to your server to like posts.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

you8 just made a point, thanks man.

Comment

You may need to check this in your forum, even when am login i still see this message
          You need to be logged in to view the code. Login or Register now! The error goes off after i refresh the page several times or login and logout and relogin.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that's a known issue. I will upgrade soon and hope it will be fixed.

only my opinion like your own post is like you brush your own horse or fancy them self!
          voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I agree this is not for all. I'm not even doing it here. Blame it on Facebook which started all of this Like feature.

working well

Comment

Works great. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              Open the /core/vb/api/reputation.php file
              Hi glenn ,
              this does not exist on my ftp .

Comment

You might be using the PHAR format where the PHP files are compressed into one .phar file. This was introduced later when this thread was started.

You have to download the non-phar format of the vB5 package and upload the /core/vb folder to your server.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"