Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No additional errors thrown after clicking the Go to Bottom button. This is the error thrown when clicking the Save button.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.16.04 PM.png
Views:	97
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	23555
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      And you don't see those errors on Firefox Ubuntu? Can you try Chrome on Mac?

I have Firefox (v95.0.2 (64-bit)) on my iMac and I logged in to the AdminCP and launched the Browser Console. This is what it displayed:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.00.28 PM.png
Views:	85
Size:	665.2 KB
ID:	23559

Clicking on the Save or Go to Bottom button didn't add anything else to the Browser Console. The Go to Bottom button continued to work.

Comment

These are from Chrome on my iMac. First is taken right after logging in to AdminCP. Second is after I clicked the Go to Bottom button first (no additional errors thrown) and then the Save button, which generated a new error.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.17.07 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	458.1 KB ID:	23561
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.19.31 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	597.9 KB ID:	23562

But the Go to Bottom button remained active and continued to function.

Comment

It looks like Safari is blocking the javascript in the Go to Bottom button after clicking Save button because of the XSS Auditor being enabled. It is expecting that the server returns "X-XSS-Protection" HTTP Header in the response for saving the notes in order to disable XSS Auditor from filtering scripts. Only Safari is doing this. Other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Edge are not or has stopped doing this. It is no longer recommended but Safari is still doing it. Please see warning about "X-XSS-Protection" being unnecessary at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...XSS-Protection.

In order to satisfy Safari, you'd have to disable XSS Auditor (for that Save Notes HTTP response only) by adding this code to the same PHP file you edited earlier.
        1. Find this line:
          PHP Code:
          if ($_POST['do'] == 'notes'
        2. Inside that code block enclosed by curly braces { and }, find this line:
          PHP Code:
          $_REQUEST['do'] = 'home'
        3. Below that line, add this code
          PHP Code:
          header("X-XSS-Protection: 0;"); // disable XSS Auditor which Safari needs 
        4. Save the file.
        Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-02-2022, 06:54 PM.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Did it work?

Sorry. I haven’t tried yet. I’ll let you know likely tomorrow.

Comment

Added the extra line and tested. Yes, both buttons work. Haven't opened the JavaScript Console to see what gets reported; I'll do that later. Heading off to bed now.

Thank you once again!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for confirming it works.

For your information. On my iMac using Safari.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 8.59.01 AM.png
Views:	76
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	23571

The first two IndexSizeError entries are present when I launch the JavaScript Console immediately after logging in to the AdminCP. The third IndexSizeError entry appears when I click the Save Button. No errors are added just clicking on the Go to Bottom button.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              Sussed it out. Here is the output when clicking on the Save button.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 3.31.40 PM.png
Views:	126
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	23546
              That "XSS Auditor refused to execute a script" error in the screenshot is gone. That's what was breaking the Go to Bottom button. It refused to execute the Go to Bottom script.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
              Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"