Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change external links to internal links to do something before redirecting to the destination

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menderley
    replied
    Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    You can disable "Can create link" permission in Usergroup Manager in AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• Menderley
    replied
    Can i deactivate link Content?

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    This hack doesn't work in Link content type. It only works in external links entered inside the editor itself.

Leave a comment:

• Menderley
    replied
    Originally posted by Menderley View Post
    But the button ... (sorry i have to made a double post)
    ... it doesnt work Do you have a modification for this too? Or did i smth wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Menderley
    replied
    Thanks for this modification. It works fine for me.

Edit: one question.
    How can i made this for the "insert link" button?
    This mod is for the links that the member type in text

a.e.: www.google.de

But the button ... (sorry i have to made a double post)

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    What kind of tracking do you want? Track who clicks what link and when? And then count the clicks per link?

• William
    replied
    What's the best way to track someone clicking what link and resulting redirect page? I am watching Google Analytics "live" and seeing people being redirected to the page. This is a wonderful addition if it can be tracked from an admin's point of view. So often it seems that someone is just replying to a title rather than the article in a discussion. It would be quite nice to be able to verify this .... . as it would save me much breath in ignoring such users that I see ignoring the article.

Also is it possible to have a "proceed offsite" and "go back to thread" buttons in case someone doesn't want to be redirected out of the site?

Enjoy,
    William
    Last edited by William; 11-16-2016, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moded
    replied
    Thank you Glenn and William it is working perfect
    here test
    can you add to above PHP module , redirect the user when he ask to download attached file , already upload in forum root ?

Last edited by moded; 11-16-2016, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    Glad you figured it out.
    And thanks for the cream and sugar

• William
    replied
    I feel like an idiot, I didn't realize there were multiple places to change the code!!!!

You said: with these: (change $redirect_path with the appropriate path of the redirect URL)

Enjoy,
    William
    Last edited by William; 11-16-2016, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• William
    commented on 's reply
    Do you still need to do this: with these: (change $redirect_path with the appropriate path of the redirect URL)

If we are using the vb cms as the redirect page? What would the url be if I did this mod for my site? I read this and about to give a try, I just wanted to be crystal clear beforehand: Save the page URL based on the page name: redirect (this is what you're going to use when editing the PHP file)
    Last edited by William; 11-15-2016, 11:38 PM.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I have edited the first post to add instructions on how to create the redirect page.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    You have a point. You can create a new page in vB5 and then include an HTML module to display a message and add a script to redirect to the external URL after a certain delay or after clicking a button or link. I will post detailed instructions on that when I get a chance.

• William
    commented on 's reply
    Would be nice to include if possible a how to create an article page using Vb 5 and making that a redirect page. Not trying to create more work for you Glenn, but it just makes sense to me. That is, if it is possible to use the cms.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"