X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums! email for new user issue

The welcomemail_gemailbody variable content has carriage returns/line spaces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 11.40.24 AM.png
Views:	137
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	28977

But the email a new user receives from us has no carriage return/line spaces.

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 11.33.52 AM.png
Views:	199
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	28976

How do I fix this?
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

HTML Email templates had been supported since vB5.6.9. Since then, you'll have to update all customized email phrases to change newlines with <br /> or wrap each paragraph within <p></p> tags.

HTML Support for Outgoing Emails.
    vBulletin now uses HTML formatting for Outgoing Emails. All Email Body Text phrases have been updated and will appear the same after the change. However, if you have custom translations for these phrases, you will need to update them manually. Otherwise, your outgoing emails will lose their formatting. W3Schools has a free HTML course so that you can learn basic HTML if you need to. Do not include doctype, html, or body tags in your outgoing emails.​
    &lt;p&gt;vBulletin 5.6.9 is available for download. vBulletin Cloud customers will be upgraded automatically.&lt;/p&gt; &lt;h2&gt;Front End Changes&lt;/h2&gt; &lt;h3&gt;Copy and Paste Image Uploads&lt;/h3&gt; &lt;p&gt;Users can now use Copy and Paste to upload images into their posts. Users should be warned that image sizes may
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 1.37.44 PM.png
Views:	35
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	28980 Thank you! I should have caught that, given those tags are shown in the Standard Phrase > Text window. Doh! :face_slap:

I've corrected my mistake.
      The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"