X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vb6 breakpoint on ipad

I did raise this question over on the vB site but didn’t really get an answer.

The breakpoint seems to have changed since the upgrade to v6

We have side boxes on our home page, since the upgrade they’ve all moved below the main area on iPad in portrait mode. (iPad mini4 and iPad5)

It’s the same on the vBulletin site so not just us.

Is there any way to changed the breakpoint or are we stuck with it because we are on Cloud?

thanks

Yes it is possible even in vBCloud using template hook. I'll have to check the breakpoint in vB5. In vB6, 987 and lower will show mobile view.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

In vB5, the breakpoint for mobile is 767px and lower.

iPad is 768px wide so it displays desktop view in vB5 but mobile view in vB6.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally prefer regular-sized iPad (portrait mode) to show mobile view. On this site which is on vB5, I have modified the breakpoint to show mobile view on iPad. I've done this long time ago.

• Mrs.T
        Mrs.T commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for checking, I suppose we are all different, I much prefer desktop view on iPad 🙂

I'll post the solution soon.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mrs.T
        Mrs.T commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. No rush. I’m off on holiday soon and won’t be back for a couple of weeks.

The issue might even be v6 I think it’s supposed to be desktop version at least on an iPad 5
        Last edited by Mrs.T; 09-11-2023, 07:42 AM. Reason: Forget to say thank you.

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they intentionally made smaller iPads (with 768px width) in portrait mode to use mobile view in vB6. They increased the max breakpoint for mobile view from 767px to 987px.

Here you go...

The maximum breakpoint for mobile view was increased from 767px (vB5) to 987px (vB6). This means that in vB5, the forum is displayed in desktop view on iPad Portrait mode but now it's displayed in mobile view. This vB6 mod overrides the default and reverts the breakpoint to the old vB5 value to show desktop view on iPad and
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"