Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find the correct css file to modify?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm testing customization in my forum template using the browser element inspector but then I don't know where to find the css file where to make the changes.

For example css.php​

For style customization, you can do it using Style Variables. Below is a topic containing a list of available style variables that you can configure.

If a style is not using a style variable, you can add your own custom CSS code in css_additional template.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Can you give me more details on how to edit this?

For example if I want to put the background of my page in black color and the letters in red color what would I have to edit?

Thank you very much for your help​

Comment

vBulletin has some video tutorials on how to customize styles. Navigate to https://www.vbulletin.com/en/learn-more (this is linked in the Useful Links module on Homepage). Scroll down the page and find the "Changing the Body Background" video.

To learn more how to change style of any element on a page, find and watch the "Using Firebug to Find and Edit StyleVars" video. In the video, Firebug is used as web inspector/debugger tool. You can also use any browser and its built-in debugger. The process is still the same as described in the video but instead of choosing "Inspect with Firebug", choose "Inspect" or "Inspect element" or its equivalent to use the browser's built-in debugger tool.

As I mentioned earlier, the ideal way to style a page is to use Style Variables first, if available. If not, then add custom CSS code in css_additional template. This process was shown in the videos I mentioned.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

How strange, when I enter this option, the box appears blank and I cannot modify anything.... Why does this happen? Attached photo

Comment

You can't type anything in the search box? What browser are you using?
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"