X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dd last poster name to the last post

how can I add the member name to the last post when browsing the list of threads in the forum instead of "last post" ?

thanks​

Did you mean to display the username in the Last Post column who last posted in a topic? It's doing that already or I misunderstood your question.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to the last post when listing a forum, foud there but its above the date, thought its better to as it was in vb3 where it was showing the member name in place of the phrase "last post".

so, its there but they changed the location.

Thank you.

Comment

Still not quite getting it. You have to describe it with more details as possible. Here's the difference between vB3 and vB5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	57
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	27053​
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	vbmods-3.png Views:	0 Size:	7.5 KB ID:	27056

above is a screenshot from a forum line, as I said that I found the member name, but with vb5 they changed it to be above the date!!

I wanted to have the name instead of the phrase "last post" which is shown in the second line after the date, I wanted the name to be after the ">>".

Comment

In the first post, you said "list of threads", then in your next post you corrected it and said "listing a forum" which made me think it was the forum or directory listing . But in your latest post, it seems that you were really referring to the "list of threads" based on the screenshot you posted.

The only way to do what you wanted is to edit the display_Topics_item template and move the <div> tag with "lastpost-by" class. Editing templates is not recommended as it may result in template merge conflicts that you have to resolve whenever you perform forum upgrade. But it's up to you. The order of the username and last post date is a matter of preference and I think in my personal opinion, whatever order it is will not not positively or negatively affect user experience. In short, it's not worth the trouble changing the order. That's just my take on it. But as I said, it's up to you.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

You are right, it doesn't worth moving it since it's already there, I thought the member name wasn't there that's why my question was about "how can I add it"!

Thanks for the support and detailed explanation.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"