X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most annoying 'feature'

This is a known 'issue', so I'm not bringing anything new to the table, and yes, addressing it here really isn't the right place. However...

Creating a Comment triggers vBulletin to identify the Thread in which the new Comment was made in New Topics list. Unlike a new Post in a Thread, the identified Thread is shown as 'Read'. Clicking on the Last post icon/link takes you to the last post, as expected. What 'should' happen is to be taken to the newest, unread Comment. The problem really comes to light when the Comment is made in a really long Thread (many pages of Posts). Find the needle in the haystack!
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Did you mean when there's a new comment, it doesn't scroll down to it? I think it does but if the page cannot be scrolled down anymore (the scrollbar is at the end), the comment depending on its location may not be exactly scrollable to. This is the same issue for replies that are at or near the bottom of the conversation.

The other scenario where a comment is not scrollable to is when there are multiple comments in a reply and the comment to scroll to is not visible because it's in the second page and beyond. Is this the issue you were referring to?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Did you mean when there's a new comment, it doesn't scroll down to it?
      Yes. At least, that's my experience so far.

Comment

Can you post (or PM) a sample link to a comment from a notification in your forum so I can test?
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

We don’t get a lot of comments, but the next I see one, I’ll send you the Thread URL.

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            Did you mean when there's a new comment, it doesn't scroll down to it? I think it does
            Turns out, that this is so.

I logged into our forum just a minute ago and Notifications showed 1. Clicking on New Topics showed three new unread entries and one read entry. The read entry was a new Comment. I clicked on that entries Last post link and was indeed, taken to the post that the Comment was posted in.

So I was in error/hasty in my initial observation.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"