Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to turn on email notification for users by default

Hello!
    Yeah, I've got VB 5.7.0 Connect on my own server.
    Can some1 help me... I want to turn email notification for users by default. But in my fresh installations the setting sets in "notification only, without email". How could I change it for all users ?
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-08-2022, 10:25 PM.

Go to AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Registration Options. Then scroll down to "Default Registration Options" then find "Email Notifications" and select the "On" option. As you can see, this will be the default Email Notification option for newly registered users only. If you want to update existing users, you need to go to Maintenance > Execute SQL Query, then choose "Email Notifications - On" in the Automatic Query dropdown. Note that this updates the database so you might want to back up the database first before performing this operation. If you don't have permission to execute SQL query, you will need to edit the /core/includes/config.php file on the server and add your userid in the $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] option.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Go to AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Registration Options. Then scroll down to "Default Registration Options" then find "Email Notifications" and select the "On" option. As you can see, this will be the default Email Notification option for newly registered users only. If you want to update existing users, you need to go to Maintenance > Execute SQL Query, then choose "Email Notifications - On" in the Automatic Query dropdown. Note that this updates the database so you might want to back up the database first before performing this operation. If you don't have permission to execute SQL query, you will need to edit the /core/includes/config.php file on the server and add your userid in the $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] option.
      Thank you ! It works !

Comment

Glad to help.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"