X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with this

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section to post this!
    I have been looking were to put this, think this was the best section.

I am busy to make my vbulletin 4 forum over to vbulletin 5.
    So far, it is going there.

My knowledge is limited, but have been learning a lot in the last years about Vbulletin 4.
    Now i am busy learning things in Vbulletin 5, and a while a go i fixed something that was quite populair.

I am busy with the DbTech Vbshout for vbulletin 5.
    A good shout is what many forum owners still waiting for Vbulletin 5.
    But there is none, so i was fooling around with it. After vbulletin 5.2.? it stopped working, and DbTech never returned to vbulletin.
    I found a solution to make it work again, and that solution is on vbulletin.org.
    After that, people are using it again and are happy with it. However, it needs serious maintenance, and a couple of things are not working properly or are not available.
    I did get it to make it work again, And Yilmaz also made a couple of adjustments.
    However, Yilmaz is not doing anything at the moment. Even on his own site he is not responding.

So my question is to Glenn.
    Is there a chance you would please take a look at it?
    To see if you can make a few adjustments so it works properly for users again, so for now they have a working shoutbox for Vbulletin sinds there is no alternative.

Problems it gives now :

- No way to adjust size of text.
    - When you want to adjust text in the shout, normally you double click on it, you adjust and hit shout. But now it gives "unexpected_error,Lambda validation functions no longer allowed".
    - In ACP there is an option "[Enable Navbar Tab]" But this not work also.
    - Do not now yet if it works on PHP 8, will testing this in the weekend.

Probably there will be other faults in it, but for the main thing these are the things to keep it running. Me and a lot of people are in need of a solution for this. I really hope you are willing to take a look at this.

Regards
    Adama

I can try but I can't promise. I'd have to study and understand how the code was written in order for me to fix the issues. It would help me if you posted the link to the mod.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I thinks of you would look at this, you make a lot of people happy !!!

The first link, is the original by DbTech that they abandoned : https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=288915
      Right above the download was my solution to make it work again (moderator edit).

Then The version of Yilmaz is here : https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/show...&postcount=577

Thanks for the effort that you are willing to have a look!!
      You do not know what this mean! Bot only for me, but for a real big group that misses a working chatbox in Vbulletin 5!!

Regards

Comment

I checked and there's a lot of files involved to run the mod. It would take a while for me to understand how the code works. So pls be patient. Thanks for understanding.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi Glenn,

Off course i understand. It takes time, so i did not expected to be finished tomorrow .
          I (and many with me, i am sure) are very thankful you are willing to help me/us.

So thanks again!!!
          I am going to take a look, i saw a topic about how to learn coding in Vbulletin 5.
          I want to learn, and maybe even make MODS in the future for Vbulletin 5.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"