X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double click icon to mark forum as read

In previous versions of vBulletin 3.8 and 4.2.5 for instance there was an option to mark a particular forum as read by simply double clicking the icon. See screenshot.

I see that this is somehow no longer possible in vBulletin 5, at least not in 5.6.6

Suspect that there is no setting for this at all in AdminCP, or did I miss that? Also tried to search on vbmods.rocks if there was a mod for this, but couldn't find it.

Attached Files

If you open a forum, there is "Mark This Channel Read" button/link at the bottom of the topic list. On homepage, there is "Mark Channels Read" at the bottom of forum list to mark all channels read.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Yes Glenn, I know this link, but I was wondering if there's a mod you've done to allow the double-click again on the icon like was available in plain vanilla VB3 and VB4 installations?

Comment

I don't have it yet but I checked and a mod can be done in vB5 to replicate that vB3 and vB4 functionality.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I am creating this mod. I will release it soon.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks for this Glenn, really appreciated.

I’m not sure but I guess it was a function which wasn’t widely known, but I still love to use it on forums which use VB3 or VB4 as it works very well to go fast through unread posts to just mark certain forums as read which don’t interest me. And then I can concentrate on what I want to read.

Comment

I didn't know this functionality exists in vB3 and vB4. But I like it. It's very useful indeed.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                If you open a forum, there is "Mark This Channel Read" button/link at the bottom of the topic list. On homepage, there is "Mark Channels Read" at the bottom of forum list to mark all channels read.
                For me, on our forum (5.6.4 Patch Level 1), using the Mark This Channel Read does change the Channel's Unread status, but the parent Channel continues to show that there is content that is Unread, even though there isn't. Is that a know 'bug'?
                The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aren't there other unread subforums in the parent channel?

No. I checked. No other sub-channels in the Parent had Unread content.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then maybe it's a bug. Try in forum.vbulletin.com.

Question asked: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ug#post4467394

Comment

I have created this mod and installed it here for testing. Let me know if you find any issue.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Disabled it. I found an issue.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                  Disabled it. I found an issue.
                  Enabled it back. But the issue still persists. But it's not the mod's issue. There seems to be an existing bug like what Snowhog mentioned where it shows the forum is unread even if there is no unread topics in it. I think a temporary workaround to it is by setting the "Database Read Marking Limit" option (which is in days) to a large amount of days if you are using "Topic/Forum Read Marking Type" as "Database". When you mark a channel as read, it only marks it as read if the date of the last content of the forum channel is within the "Database Read Marking Limit". Let's say you've set this option to 10 days, it will only mark a channel as read if the date of the last content is within 10 days. If the last content is 11 days old or longer, it will not mark the forum as read.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Glenn, seems to work pretty well in an initial test on this forum.

I must say that on my forum, I also have a channel with sub-channels and I also see that bug with this particular channel. If memory serves me right that bug doesn’t seem to happen every time, but must test more as my forum is only about a week on the 5.6.6 version.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. You can also check the bug on the vB support forum.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• WielerArchieven
                        WielerArchieven commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Which I did Glenn, and was able to reproduce so I've answered on Snowhog initial bug report over on the vBulletin forum.

Was told to report this in Tracker. I just did. Here is the link: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-21078

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Voted!

• WielerArchieven
                        WielerArchieven commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Voted as well

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"