X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix moderator tools on Vbulletin

Hello everyone! I've recently become a moderator on a Vbulletin website, and while the administrator has updated my status, not all of the moderator tools are appearing where they should. For instance, the moderator toolbox appears in the upper right corner, where it should be, but missing is the boxes that allow me to check which threads I would like to moderate. Instead, that section appears whited out. Is there software I need to download to get this feature to work. I'm using a Surface Pro computer by the way. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files

I'll check which permission is used to show those inline moderation checkboxes and get back to you.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Do you have "Can Moderate Posts" permission in the usergroup? Does this issue happen for all forum channels or for specific channels only?
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

And when you open one of the topics, do you also not see the inline moderation checkbox at the upper right corner of each post?
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          Do you have "Can Moderate Posts" permission in the usergroup? Does this issue happen for all forum channels or for specific channels only?
          I am not sure how to check the status of "Can Moderate Posts", but I believe the website's owner intended for me to be able to moderate posts. On some channels even the moderator toolbox does not appear, and I don't see checkboxes on any channels.

And when you open one of the topics, do you also not see the inline moderation checkbox at the upper right corner of each post?
          Interestingly, I only see checkboxes next to my own posts but not anyone else's (such as in the image below). A moderator toolbox does not appear within any of the topics.

Attached Files

Comment

You seem to be missing most of the Moderator Permissions in your usergroup. Ask the Admin to enable them for you.

Can Delete Posts
            Can Open / Close Topics
            Can Manage Topics
            Can Moderate Posts
            Can Mass Copy/Move Nodes
            Can Feature Topics
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I asked the forum owner to enable "Open/Close Topics" and "Can Moderate Posts", and he supposedly did. But it only allows me to open and close threads I created, and the moderate toolbox still doesn't show up for posts. I've tried logging in with different devises and different browsers, but all have the same limitations. It's very strange, I haven't heard of this problem happening before.

Comment

Maybe you're not added as one of the moderators for the channels in the Channel Manager

Click image for larger version

Name:	moderator.png
Views:	84
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	24033
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Maybe you're not added as one of the moderators for the channels in the Channel Manager

Click image for larger version

Name:	moderator.png
Views:	84
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	24033
                  This worked! The moderator tools are there now. Thank you. You're very helpful.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad to help!

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"