X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a new forum page

The site owner hasn't worked out how to get me on to the support board yet, so I'm afraid I shall have to pester you with what are probably very basic functions.

I would like to create a second page for forums. This site has has examples https://www.vintagefordforum.com/

I have no idea how to do this, and I have a great fear of stuffing up the site.

We are on cloud https://www.diecastgarage.org/

If I do manage to create a new forum page, is there any easy way to transfer a category from the main forum page to the new one?

Thanks that is my cloud site

Comment

really! wow, it's great, very professional looking.

Can you tell me how you made the Swapmeet pages?

ohhhhhhhhh, thats tricky. I should have scrolled more. Your classifieds are on the main forum page, but somehow on their own as well. Very mctrickery

Comment

Thanks
        Glenn's Mods made the difference. Even though there are less Mods available for cloud, there is still plenty to have a great site. Are there ones I would want but don't work with cloud, o yea, but I can live with it this way

Comment

Welcome nincompoop.

I like the "Top" button on bottom right when you scroll on your site. How did you implement ?

Comment

I found the instructions on here, by one of the other members.
            I'll post a link If I can find it again.

It involved a static html module, some css, and it may have need a tweak in the ACP

Found it
            Hello. I recently upgraded from vB 3.8.8 to vB 5.4.1. One modification we used in 3.8 added a link in every post that takes the user to the top of the page.

Last edited by nincompoop; 10-07-2019, 07:48 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

• slowstreamer
              slowstreamer commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank You Sir ! It's amazing how little things like this make the users happy but are difficult to find documentation on.

Originally posted by slowstreamer View Post
            Welcome nincompoop.

I like the "Top" button on bottom right when you scroll on your site. How did you implement ?
            Actually Glenn came out with a better to the top Mod that did not float and get in the way. As you can see it's installed right here on this site

Comment

• slowstreamer
              slowstreamer commented
              Editing a comment
              Mitch, are you referring to the "Go To Top" option in the footer ?

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              The go to the top in each post on a thread. Just like you see here

• slowstreamer
              slowstreamer commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah Yes, I did see that and it integrates into the forum so much nicer.

We are a non-profit org. with a BOD and they are trying to get a dedicated vB person to come in and help perform updates and tweaks above and beyond what volunteers like myself are doing.

If they don't identify someone, I have a list of mods Glenn has created that I would like them to assign a budget to me to start downloading.

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Glenn's Mod's for the "to the top" and "to the bottom" are real nice. I believe the other one that you are looking at the "floating" was something that came out before these other two were developed

The floating button was on our previous site, so the members are familiar with it.
            Once we get established in our new home and get some funds happening I will implement some of Glenn’s great codes, including the To Top in the footer of posts.

Comment

I've bought and installed the top and bottom codes. Work great, and very helpful as our go to last post doesn't seem to work for most members.

Last edited by nincompoop; 10-18-2019, 06:58 PM. Reason: just mumbling to myself

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"