X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better operative system for VB5

Hi guys... a question.... Until now I've got an old CENTOS 5..... I've got VB 5.4.5 ....

I want to upgrade to 5.5.2 but I think it's time to upgrande operative system.... what do you advise??

I would split this into its individual parts, take many, many backups, and do things in baby steps.

Looking at your base OS, I'd definitely say you should do that first. Back everything up, spin up a new CentOS 7 machine, bung EPEL and the Remi PHP 7 repositories in it. Restore the backups to the new image and test everything out, then close your active forum, dump the database, replace the database on the new board, and get rid of your old system entirely.

You're then on PHP 7, with vBulletin 5.4.5 still. So from there, back up, and go ahead with your upgrade. 5.4.5 to 5.5.2 should be pretty straightforward, but make sure you take a backup before you start in case anything untoward happens.

Oh, and, make a backup! Good luck!

Comment

Are you on unmanaged hosting plan and do you have root access? Otherwise, your host should do all the work of upgrading the OS and not you.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"