Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Post Sharing Captures Wrong Content

Hey,

So when I am clicking the share button in my postbit on any post, it does not capture the post content to share and instead captures what is our privacy pop up box content. You can see what I mean from the image below. How do I alter that so it correctly captures the post I am intending to share ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Facebook Share Wrong.png
Views:	77
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	18169

Thanks,
    P
    Attached Files

Your site must be public in order for Facebook to scrape the topic page. Obviously, Facebook accesses your site anonymously, so whatever displays for guest users will also show up for Facebook server while scraping your site.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

And you also didn't set the meta description of your site which you should for SEO purposes. That's why Facebook tried to use the main content of the page as fallback.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        Your site must be public in order for Facebook to scrape the topic page. Obviously, Facebook accesses your site anonymously, so whatever displays for guest users will also show up for Facebook server while scraping your site.
        I did actually make the site public when testing and making sure to test from public areas of the site, at first it was not picking up on anything, however after a while it started to behave as expected. As for the SEO Meta description. I have entered this using Site Builder for the home page, I assume I need to do it for every page/forum ? Can it be applied globally automatically ? Just seems like a lot of pages to enter this into manually, obviously every page/thread I browse to if you hit ''Edit Page'' the Meta Description is blank.

Thanks Glenn !

Comment

Facebook caches the URLs that were shared. You have to clear their cache using this Facebook tool.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks bud, will give that a whirl

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"