Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a new page in vb 5 connect

Hello,

Please, i am looking for easy step by step guide on how to create html page in vbulletin 5 (which can be well looking - coloured topic, separated paragraphs, etc)

I tried to use site builder-> new page --> but got lost with html static (lines and words are not separated)

I also want to create Privacy Policy page

Thank you

You have to know HTML. There are a lot of HTML tutorials out there. The only specific vB instruction on creating an HTML module is to not include <html>, <head> and <body> tags. There should only be one set of those tags and the vB page already has them.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      The only specific vB instruction on creating an HTML module is to not include <html>, <head> and <body> tags.
      Oh, always you save time and effort and to the point

Thank you Glenn,

Although, I had included them, If it is included would that make any conflict?

I made this Privacy Policy page:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
        Although, I had included them, If it is included would that make any conflict?
        It may or it may not cause an issue. It's not a guarantee that it will always work now and in the future browser versions. Some browsers may be forgiving of invalid tags but who knows in the future, it would be strict. To be safe, it is highly recommended to get rid of the duplicate tags.

If you know something is not right, it is always good to do the right thing. That's also true in life.
        Last edited by glennrocksvb; 04-03-2019, 11:36 AM.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          It may or it may not cause an issue. It's not a guarantee that it will always work now and in the future browser versions. Some browsers may be forgiving of invalid tags but who knows in the future, it would be strict. To be safe, it is highly recommended to get rid of the duplicate tags.

If you know something is not right, it is always good to do the right thing. That's also true in life.
          Done, removed and corrected according to your Advice

Please, Where is the vbulletin forum statistics you are working on?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"