X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vb5 content slider to display linked img and img2

Hi Glen , would you happen to know if there's anyway to write the json search of the content slider to include post images which are linked "not attached", example: those images linked with BB code , such as [IMG] and [IMG2] tags

i know that by default the content slider will pick up from the 1st attached image , but are there json codes that will make it possible to be more selective ?, such as making it select (any images at all "linked or attached ") , or lets say to select and show jpg only , videos only , or png images only

is there a better json term to make it more selective of other different or various types of images "not only the 1st attachment" ?

cheers

That's not possible using JSON search criteria alone. It requires custom coding.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Tnx Glenn, sounds scary, any idea of available alternatives to vB5 content slider that can pick up its background from post's images or videos indiscriminately ? , cz the built in of vB5 picks up only from attached images , our need is a content slider that picks up its background from "the 1st available image or video in a post EVEN IF NOT ATTACHED i.e even if not uploaded to our server"

Comment

I don't know of any alternative. But if any alternative exists, it would be implemented using custom coding because it cannot be done using existing JSON search criteria only.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

would be great if you would develop a custom content slider plugin for vB5, it badly needs one, lots would buy including us , cool and presentable content sliders are a must now adays for any successful site , i know you can do it !, our hang up with custom coding is that you would need to remove it before any version upgrades , unlike if its a mod with an uninstall functionality, more safer and faster to remove when you need to upgrade your vB install.
          happy new year by the way and thanks for helping us always

Comment

I'll add it to my todo list.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

we will be waiting , yeah something like your mod for open graph , its great , easy to install and easy to remove as a precautionary measure during version upgrade.

we will be looking forward for another master piece from you , that open graph mod helped us a lot and quite easy to install

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"