Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signup with addthis.com and you configure everything there. Then you just have to include the addthis js script on your site.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Signup with addthis.com and you configure everything there. Then you just have to include the addthis js script on your site.
      I did add AddThis sidebar which works fine. I added it to footer template just before </body> like it said to do. My last comment I was meaning the Facebook and Twitter icons to the left of the search box like on this site, and William suggest to use this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=289099

I'm not sure whether that works with the latest version of vB5 5.2.5 or not, if so, then great, as I'd only need to change the pictures and remove some of the links.
      HostXNow - UK Web Hosting

Comment

Oh I see. I'm using my own simple mod for the social icons near the search box. Not using that mod linked by William.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          Oh I see. I'm using my own simple mod for the social icons near the search box. Not using that mod linked by William.
          Then it should be a paid mod so I can pay for it and use it asap. Simple but very effective given the position of it and it making use of whitespace

Comment

Originally posted by webgeek47 View Post

Then it should be a paid mod so I can pay for it and use it asap. Simple but very effective given the position of it and it making use of whitespace
            Not to worry glennrocksvb I figured it out!

Comment

• rnedelkow
              rnedelkow commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi webgeek247, any chance you could share what you did?

I'm not sure why, and maybe you can shed some light on this Glenn, but my adblocker (adblock plus) blocks these social media plugins. The only other ad that is blocked is the one in Glenns signature, for VPS hosting. The other ads (banner and sidebar ads) on this website display just fine.

Comment

I don't have your issue with AdBlocker Ultimate: https://adblockultimate.net/

Just sharing another that you may want to try. In Firefox this blocker works seamlessly.

Enjoy,
              William

Comment

First off, let me be clear, I disabled ABP on this site to support Glenn. I do it on a per website basis depending on the severity of the ads being displayed.

I use ABP in Safari and am subscribed to three lists: Easylist, Easylist Privacy, and Fanboys Annoyance List. As soon as I disabled Fanboy's Annoyance list, the social icons next to the search bar reappeared. Disabling the Easylist Privacy list made the share menu on the left side of the page reappear.

I only bring this up because ABP is a very popular ad blocker and the Easylist and Easylist Privacy lists are there by default. If a work around can be found, great. If not, at least we know.

​​​​​​​Maybe a mod that displays a one-time pop-up if an ad-blocker is detected is in order.

Comment

One more thing...I've added this functionality to my site, including the buttons by the search bar. Before I go live with anything, I install the code on my test site and test like crazy with multiple browsers and devices.

In doing so, I noticed that the share bar on the left side of this page (and my page, and the addthis.com blog), does not display on an iPad. It shows up at the bottom of an iPhone, but for some reason, it won't display on the iPad. Any ideas how to correct this?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have no idea. This is outside vB's control and should be a question for AddThis.

rnedelkow I copied code from vbmods.rocks so if it is ok with Glenn then I can post it for you.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sure you can.

Originally posted by Sp0rtsJunki3 View Post
                  One more thing...I've added this functionality to my site, including the buttons by the search bar. Before I go live with anything, I install the code on my test site and test like crazy with multiple browsers and devices.

In doing so, I noticed that the share bar on the left side of this page (and my page, and the addthis.com blog), does not display on an iPad. It shows up at the bottom of an iPhone, but for some reason, it won't display on the iPad. Any ideas how to correct this?
                  This one is mobile friendly https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307814

Comment

• rnedelkow
                    rnedelkow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great! Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by webgeek247 View Post
                  I contacted the addthis.com support team, after looking in to it, they confirmed it was a bug and have since issued a fix for it. All is working now, thanks though!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad to hear they fixed it.

glennrocksvb , how can I edit the social icons you did for me here?

I would like to add "Follow us" as you have here.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"