X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I create a rule for a user group

Hello everyone. I would like to know how to oblige the new members to say hello in the special greetings section before being able to access all the sections of the forum
    vbulletin 5.3.2
    regards

1. Create a new usergroup off the Registered Users usergroup.
    2. In the.Channels Permissions, deny permissions to all the channels except the Greeting channel for the created usergroup and other usergroups (if any) except the Registered Usergroup.
    3. Create a User Promotion that will promote the users in Registered Users to the new usergroup after they did their first post.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Optional: Create a Notice for Registered Usergroup to let the users know they have to make a first post in the Greeting forum before they are able to see the rest of the content. And after making their first posts, it may take a while before they are promoted to the new usergroup. The User Promotion scheduled task runs once an hour and by default is dependent on if users are visiting your site. If no visitors then no scheduled task will run. You can prevent this and use the server cron job to run scheduled tasks even without visitors.

You may also want to rename Registered Users to Registered Users Without Posts to make it more descriptive.
      Last edited by glennrocksvb; 03-18-2018, 03:25 PM.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

At first I was a bit confused by your description to set up the new usergroup. I couldn't figure out how the new (secondary) group would have less permissions than the existing Registered Users usergroup. Seemed impossible to achieve. Now I think I do understand the process.

1. Create a new secondary usergroup that has the exact same permissions as Registered Users. This will be the group to be promoted to.
        2. Move all registered users to this new usergroup (how is this done?).
        3. Limit the permissions for the old Registered Users usergroup to the Greeting Channel only (since this is the group that new registrations will end up in).
        4. Set promotion rule from limited usergroup to full access usergroup.

Could you confirm that this is the correct way?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"