Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

social media icons problem

Hello,

I am facing very weird error I have put the icon of facebook,twitter,linkedin on our forum by addthis.com site but if any user click on facebook icon then it goes to the facebook link but instead of the company logo one of our employee photo is again n again coming while we are posting on the facebook.

Below is the screenshot:

Please help me why this image of our employee is coming I have also removed his avatar image but still the image is occuring.

Facebook caches the links that have been shared including the images associated with them. You have to invalidate the cache by using this tool:

https://developers.facebook.com/tool...sharing/batch/
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello,

I have removed the cache by using the link you have provided but it is taking now another image of one our employee...why the facebook is taking the image of our employee....i want instead of taking the employee images it should take our company logo is it possible?

Comment

If you upgrade to 5.3.4, it has implemented Open Graph. You can specify in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Facebook Options > Image URL to represent your site. Facebook will pick up this image when your site is shared. The Open Graph implementation in 5.3.4 is pretty basic though. When you share a thread, it doesn't set the first attached image in a thread as og:image tag which Facebook checks to use as the thumbnail. If you want a more advanced implementation of the Open Graph in vB5, you can check out the mod I created for it here.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello Glenn,

I have put the link of our company logo in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Facebook Options > Image URL but the image is not getting reflected while we are posting on Facebook.

Comment

You haven't upgraded yet, you're still in 5.3.3. And you have to clear the Facebook link cache every time the link image changes.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello Glenn,

When I tried to update the vbulletin to 5.3.4 by following steps which is given in this link:

When managing a vBulletin website, it is important to keep it updated to the latest stable release. Follow our guide for instructions on how to update vBulletin.

But my login page gone disable and little faint. I was not able to login.

Can you please advise.

Now I have again restore from my previous backup. But the login button was disable.

See below screenshot:

It was faint and I was unable to use my adminCP also

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	34
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	8605

Comment

When the Login button becomes disabled like that, it means there's a Javascript error on the page. You should take a look at the browser's Javascript console (F12) to see the error.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello Glenn,

Thank You....the issue is solved ,the problem was in the javascript file.

Now it is working fine.

But Now I want when I share any post in facebook then our company logo should come. I have updated the version to 5.3.4 now and I have also mention the URL in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Facebook Options > Image URL. and I have also clear my cache through that facebook tools which link you have provided above.

But still the image of the company logo is not occuring.

Can you please advice.

Comment

Provided image is too small. Facebook has a minimum requirement of 200x200. There is a Facebook Sharing debugger tool to see what Facebook scrapes on the page being shared. It will show you any errors if any. See link below for your site.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank You Glenn!!!

Comment

Glad to help
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"