X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking A Comment Chain

So i have had some members going after each other in post comments. I cant lock the thread because sometimes they are huge threads. But id like to be able to lock a comment chain for an individual post.

Just a thought.

Even if you lock a comment chain (if at all possible as a mod), users could still quote a comment and post it as a reply in that same thread and continue the discussion started from a comment chain.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I guess thats true. But i would warn them to move on and then lock it. My members usually get the hint after a lock and a warning.

Comment

I would just give infraction to a comment and give it as a warning. You can see the Give Infraction icon in the post footer. See sample screenshot below.

You can create a new infraction level in AdminCP > User Infractions > User Infraction Manager if needed.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Ok thanks. By the way i cant "like" your post.

​​​​​​
          • You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: (not_logged_no_permission)

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            I have that intermittent issue here. The temporary solution I think is for users to check Remember Me when they log in.

Yeah infractions dont keep my members from fighting. I wish there was also a way to ban members from individual threads.

Comment

When you delete a post using the inline moderation menu, there is an option to ban the affected user. Check the checkbox in the post to be deleted and then click the pen and paper icons in the conversation toolbar and select "Delete Posts". In the Delete Posts dialog, there is an option to ban the affected user. That's what I usually do when I see spam posts here.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              When you delete a post using the inline moderation menu, there is an option to ban the affected user. Check the checkbox in the post to be deleted and then click the pen and paper icons in the conversation toolbar and select "Delete Posts". In the Delete Posts dialog, there is an option to ban the affected user. That's what I usually do when I see spam posts here.
              That doesnt ban them from the forum completely?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                It does. You can specify how many days until the ban is lifted.

Thats not what im trying to achieve. Just trying to lock a member out of a thread. Ban them from posting in a specific thread. Im not a very punitive admin. I almost always do ok with just a warning. But today they didnt care and kept posting. It would have been nice to simply lock them out of that thread. And if they took it into another thread than lock them out of that thread as well until they got the hint. These are members that have been with us for almost 15 years. I would never ban them for just a few hours etc. I dont use the infraction system.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"