First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads Auto Close

You can create this product?
    • Option to close thread after X days?
    Close Threads Automatically is the ideal product to eliminate the bumping of older threads.

Thanks for your request. How does it know which threads to auto-close? Or do all threads auto-close?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Glenn,

I've been looking for something similar. We get many zombie threads reopened from years ago. The OP may disagree, but what I'd like to see follows:
      • A setting, ideally at the channel level, for close threads after X days.
      • A setting for X days should be from the last post or X days from thread create
      • I would expect all threads in a channel would be closed following the same rules

Comment

Thanks for providing more details twistsol. Those seem doable.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by twistsol View Post
          Glenn,

I've been looking for something similar. We get many zombie threads reopened from years ago. The OP may disagree, but what I'd like to see follows:
          • A setting, ideally at the channel level, for close threads after X days.
          • A setting for X days should be from the last post or X days from thread create
          • I would expect all threads in a channel would be closed following the same rules
          Yes! we are interested the same

Comment

it's possible?

Comment

Something new?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry. I 've not had a chance to work on it yet.

Glenn, in case you still think creating this mod would be a possibility, I would also like to have the option added to move a thread in a specific channel automatically into another specific channel instead of closing it.

Comment

I think something like this would be great, unlikely a mod for Cloud though??

The new 'related threads' is brilliant but folks are dragging up old threads now, one recently ressurected was started in 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.T View Post
                  he new 'related threads' is brilliant but folks are dragging up old threads now, one recently ressurected was started in 2010!
                  I think that is a good thing to have happen

Now and then I manually go in and revive old threads. It keeps the place hopping and renews ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.T View Post
                    I think something like this would be great, unlikely a mod for Cloud though??
                    You're right. This is not possible in vBCloud. This requires custom coding using PHP which is not allowed in vBCloud.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

• nekro711
                      New here
                      by nekro711
                      Hello guys,

Im new in this vbulletin thing and while i googled for some info i found this forum.
                      Yesterday, 04:12 PM
                    • Kubes
                      Reply to New here
                      by Kubes
                      Welcome i am learning too. What version you running? I just upgraded to 6.0.3
                      Yesterday, 04:45 PM
                    • MikeSD
                      Hi, I'm starting over
                      by MikeSD
                      My web host went out of business after nearly 20 years. I had to do backups of all my Forums to a new site. That's when I started having problems....
                      Yesterday, 03:57 AM
                    Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"