Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade games mode like "Ibproarcade" that we had for previous versions of VB

Developer of most used modification (+8000 installs) on VB "ibProArcade - professional Arcade System" is not having time nor he will ever update that mod to VB5 while plenty of us are missing this modification.
    My opinion was to remove this modification even before on VB4 but many members argued with me so I gave up, finally modification for VB5 appeared so I moved my VB4 forums to VB5 ....but after a while we noticed that new modification from another developer is not working properly at all so I found good reason to uninstall this mod from my forums. I was thinking members will cry few days and they will accept things, I had good excuse, I did all I could (and I did)....Lost almost all members from some 50 very active ones, they all loved to compete with each others and to have fun as I was having +3000 games....they also wrote on my forums about topics unrelated with games and all was great.

I am explaining all this because I know that many admins think arcade games and similar content destroy forums, by me this is not true. More we offer more reasons people will have to visit our forums, its that simple.

Hope I will see this kind of modifications again, to be honest I am thinking to go back on VB4 again and this would be one of main reasons...
    Paid or free mod, I dont care as long as its working and its not very expensive

My mothertongue is not English, pardon mistakes, cheers

ps
    I know this kind of modification is huge job, but who knows

Major Additions - ibProArcade - professional Arcade System vBulletin 4.x Add-ons

Thanks for your request. I'll take a look at that mod and see if this is possible to do in vB5.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I took a quick look and it is indeed a huge job. Plus it uses Flash-based games instead of HTML5-based games. Flash nowadays is disabled by default on browsers for security reasons. Flash has a lot of security vulnerabilities.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

True, and yes most of the games were and still are flash games but people are converting them more and more and new ones are created in HTML5....comparing to flash games there will be trouble to find games in HTML5 but it is possible

Before posting here I was aware that chances that you will produce this is small

Anyways thank you for your time, regards

Comment

I also asked for this some time ago: https://vbmods.rocks/forum/questions...mes-with-score

In the meantime I have bought some of the html games and added them via iframe... without any score so high score and no competion is possible between users But its better than nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by shining View Post
            I also asked for this some time ago: https://vbmods.rocks/forum/questions...mes-with-score

In the meantime I have bought some of the html games and added them via iframe... without any score so high score and no competion is possible between users But its better than nothing...
            Without score system this is not that interesting for members, they like to compete with each others, to prove that they are better and that is how they hang around... this was working great for me in past.
            DB stands for "Dragon Bite" if I remember good, and that modification is not working at all, was trying that and I was lucky not to purchase it as also purchased one is not working with latest few versions of VB5....
            I would be happy if someone could upgrade "ibproarcade" made by Zeropage (one on vb.org that has +8000 installations), but think this is not possible without his approval...I already ask him and problem is that he dont have time for this and so on, I even have brandfree for that version, that version was working simply without ANY issues for me....
            Will wait for some time, consult with some of members and most likely use 1 year old backup and go back to VB4, I dont have any other ideas as I lost almost all members
            ps
            Zeropage is German also, maybe you can speak with him LOL

Comment

Yes.. but I would be only interested in such a modification when it does not come with flash games. And its not that important for/us me like other missing mods... but would definetely be a "nice to have"

Comment

It should be up to you which one you will install, flash or HTML5 ones

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"