X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoutbox

Would be great if there was a Shoutbox / Chatbox like this : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168992

I know there is one for vbulletin 5 but it is only beta, and they will not support and develop it anymore. So I don´t want to spend money to something that won´t work in future AND the did not add a smiley button *gg

Our members love the shoutbox on start-page and it does not "ruin" the forum (like it is often said) because they can use it for smalltalk and they still go to the forum for discussions and anything else.

Unfortunately Cometchat or Arrowchat is not the same... so its no option to use one of them.

Have you not seen this by DBTech? Possibly missed it? It supports vBulletin 5.2.x

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Padgett View Post
      Have you not seen this by DBTech? Possibly missed it? It supports vBulletin 5.2.x
      Yes, thats what I meant with:

Originally posted by shining View Post
      I know there is one for vbulletin 5 but it is only beta, and they will not support and develop it anymore. So I don´t want to spend money to something that won´t work in future AND the did not add a smiley button *gg
      I don´t want to mention (and indirectly promote a mod) that won´t be further delevoped. I have written with DBT and they told me they won´t do any stuff for vb5 and leave all to beta. If the mods won´t work with future updates than they don´t care about that. There is also a Free-Version. I have tried that.. but its not as good as the shoubox for vb3 and 4.

Thats why I hope that maybe Glenn would develop a shoutbox

Comment

Yes, thats what I meant with:

I don´t want to mention (and indirectly promote a mod) that won´t be further delevoped. I have written with DBT and they told me they won´t do any stuff for vb5 and leave all to beta. If the mods won´t work with future updates than they don´t care about that. There is also a Free-Version. I have tried that.. but its not as good as the shoubox for vb3 and 4.

Thats why I hope that maybe Glenn would develop a shoutbox
        Oh I understand. Just making sure and wasn't sure what you meant. And yeah good luck with getting Glenn to do it. I'm sure it would turn out great if he did.

Comment

I would pay 100 bucks for it, I would even pay an annual fee for such a mod.
          Bought the DBT shoutbox for vb5, only to find out later it was not supported.
          I see they have updated their page now highlighting this.

Now I have a buggy chatbox that my members complain about.

Looking into arrowchat, and brochat atm

Comment

I have created a button for the db shoutbox to easily use smileys and bbcodes... this was one of the most missing things

Is anyone interested in that? Its not build inside the shoutbox, because I was afraid to break it. And I am sure that it could be improved by a good developer (I am not really into php)...
            But for me/us its the best solution right now and it works... and our members are happy with it

Comment

420 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is awesome. I have been trying to do that but failed. What is your url? So i can take a look?

I have created a button for the db shoutbox to easily use smileys and bbcodes... this was one of the most missing things

Is anyone interested in that? Its not build inside the shoutbox, because I was afraid to break it. And I am sure that it could be improved by a good developer (I am not really into php)...
            But for me/us its the best solution right now and it works... and our members are happy with it
            What I'd be interested in is the Shoutbox by DBT if it has the fully functional options as Vb 3 and 4. In other words new posts etc when they are created are displayed in the shoutbox. This would replace my DBT Info Panels. The features are missing, but they can't say it can't be done because it is done in the info panels.

Comment

Hm... I don´t know. It does not work for me.... (and I do not want things like this in the shoutbox and normaly disabled this feature. So its okay )

Just tried it... new posts and threads dont show up.

Oh and I just saw that in admincp settings the shoutbox side gives me this advice:

You appear to have PHP 5.3.9 or higher installed on your server and configured to be too restrictive for vBulletin and vBShout to work correctly.

Please note that if you have a large number of usergroups, certain parts of this page may not work as intended.

If you encounter this issue, you can work around this by adding the following code to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 10000
              or altering your php.ini file to increase max_input_vars to 10000.
              But when I do so in htaccess... the whole website gives me 500 Internal Error

So maybe this could be solved... or maybe the new posts and threads don´t work in free version?

Comment

Originally posted by 420 View Post
                What is your url? So i can take a look?
                Sorry but I don´t like posting our URL here... and the shoutbox is not open to public. Only paying members can write in it So it wouldnt help you.

But here is a screenshot...

After the button (on the right below shoutbox is clicked, a popup opens and you can click on the smilies you want to add.

The first small "image" stays for the bbcode for images... so if users want to post a image in the shoutbox, now they don´t have to type the bbcode for it anymore.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2017-07-30 12.05.45.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	5643

glennrocksvb Do you think it is possible to make a mod out of this button? Because: The way I implemented it all the smilies have to be given manually . When you don´t have much smileys than its not a big problem. But we have around 200 now
                I copied them from the text editor (so no big deal) but to fetch the shortcode the script takes it from the title or alt-tag... so I had do delete some part of it for every smiley. Because in the editor inside the title-tag AND alt-tag is written the name plus the shortcode like
                Code:
                alt="Smile :)"
                . But for this you only need the shortcode like
                Code:
                alt=":)"
                Or maybe you find a better solution instead of this button ... but right now this is the best I can offer.

Comment

420 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't mind adding the smileys manually for now Can you share how you implemented it? My users will be very happy with such a button.

How can I implement this button?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"