X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions

I have several ideas about things that can be created to make vbulletin 5 (I am 5.2.2) a bit better, and I think you are the perfect person to do them, in light of many of your developments on this site.

A widget that is for a particular usergroup that rotates through members and includes some of the profile fields, letting you chose between advertising 3-5 members at a time, on each page. I know there was one back for vb4, but it lacked functionality (no profile fields, often repeated the same users from page to page instead of rotating them each page turn). This would be vbulletin site owners would like if they have paid advertising available to members.

A memberlist that isn't visually awful! LOL! one that you can include any profile field in the user registration, and one that can is in order by usergroup (priority, naming each user group in order by priority). Additionally, having the ability to eliminate any particular usergroup(much like the old site leaders page), memberlist. You should also be able to eliminate anyone who does not have a profile photo, or who has made zero contributions (if they are not a in a paid usergroup)

I think usergroups should get extra profile fields, including website, that should also be able to be posted on the memberlist. For example, I would like to see them post a website and/or a facebook or linkedin biz page on the memberlist, but also on your paid postbit that you are working on.

I really want the profile views back on members profile pages, that was a great feature for paid members to see how many profile views they were getting.

Private forums or private articles/blogs that are available to a particular usergroup that require a subscription. currently, if I an not logged in, or logged in as someone without a subscription, it takes me to the forum where it reads "no topics found," which neither promotes a subscription, nor suggests they login. Seems like each usergroup should have different pages come up when they try to access a private forum. If I am a registered user, a page should tell me that their is a paid subscription available. If I am not logged in or registered, I should get a page that tells me to login, so we can determine if I have the subscription required to access private forums.

I also would love to see a few changes to the groups to make them a bit more user friendly. 1, be able to see fellow members once you join, currently you only see the total number of members. 2. have a module that lists the Group categories.

You have a lot of very useful tools here, I will be back tomorrow, I got through reading all of them and everything you have, but I didn't get around to deciding what I want to start with. =)

Thanks KimK for your suggestions. They're all good but some of them are difficult to do as a plugin or module and should really be built-in to the software. vBulletin should be the ones implementing those.

For the usergroup widget and memberlist, I think they're doable.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi glennrocksvb Well the featured member widget and the memberlist are the most important items on my list.

I will buy any of them, if you are inclined to develop them, if u think there could be a demand. Lots of complaints about the memberlist, I have been spending a lot of my free time looking for a solution I can buy. I would also be fine eliminating the memberlist page in favor of a member search that enabled searches for any profile field, presented with a certain usergroup showing up first or highlighted. It would be preferable to have both.

I have learned a lot about vbulletin, but with my recent upgrade, I lost all of my mods and plugins and am having to find that lost functionality. However, I still love the upgrade despite some disappointments.

There also used to be anonymous posting plugin, which was useful for my site (legal issues section). Each post or comment, you could elect to indicate you wanted the post anonymous and it would post under the user I created called anonymous. Only logged in members could select anonymous, as I don't allow guest posts. I could enable guest posts, but if they are logged in and select anonymous, they could subscribe to see the responses.

So I see you post a lot in another forum site that I have been watching, but this site is where I will see your recent developments? I would like to see what you come up.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah just watch out for new stuff here. This is where you will see my latest products first.

Originally posted by KimK View Post
      I have several ideas about things that can be created to make vbulletin 5 (I am 5.2.2) a bit better, and I think you are the perfect person to do them, in light of many of your developments on this site.

A widget that is for a particular usergroup that rotates through members and includes some of the profile fields, letting you chose between advertising 3-5 members at a time, on each page. I know there was one back for vb4, but it lacked functionality (no profile fields, often repeated the same users from page to page instead of rotating them each page turn). This would be vbulletin site owners would like if they have paid advertising available to members.

A memberlist that isn't visually awful! LOL! one that you can include any profile field in the user registration, and one that can is in order by usergroup (priority, naming each user group in order by priority). Additionally, having the ability to eliminate any particular usergroup(much like the old site leaders page), memberlist. You should also be able to eliminate anyone who does not have a profile photo, or who has made zero contributions (if they are not a in a paid usergroup)

I think usergroups should get extra profile fields, including website, that should also be able to be posted on the memberlist. For example, I would like to see them post a website and/or a facebook or linkedin biz page on the memberlist, but also on your paid postbit that you are working on.

I really want the profile views back on members profile pages, that was a great feature for paid members to see how many profile views they were getting.
      Check out this thread and vote in the Jira: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=311319

I know Vbulletin 5 lost many search functions that are available in Vbulletin 4 when it comes to members. I'd also like to see them come back, and a members page similar to the provided url.

Who says we can't have social media type profiles in our forums?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HHIfH2ql.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	426

William

Comment

Thanks William, I voted for this. vbulletin makes some changes.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"