X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search User Module

I don´t know if it exists... couldn´t find the possibility to search for certain users.

Right now you can´t search a Profile of a user by entering the Name in Search.

Would be also VERY nice to have the option to search all users in certain user-groups (necessary when for example a customer searches for service providers)

AND to search by location.. (ability to search for service providers nearby)

For example to find members located in Cologne, Berlin, ...

Do you think this is possible?

Both of us are looking for something similar:
    1. Members need the ability to opt out from being searched as well as being required to meet the minimum age of 18 years old.
    2. Members need the ability to search profile fields: gender, age, denomination/church, as well as other profile fields such as "interests" or "about me."
    3. Members need the ability to limit the above search to other members that have been online in the last week, month, 3 months, 6 months, year, or ever.
    4. Members need the ability to search zip codes (Geo-Locator) and choose how far from their location in which they are willing to travel example: 10, 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 2000 miles.

Last edited by William; 03-22-2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
      Members need the ability to search zip codes (Geo-Locator) and choose how far from their location in which they are willing to travel example: 10, 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 2000 miles.
      I did not dare to ask for that
      Because I think for this Google Maps Geolocation API and so on must be integrated to the software somehow (need this for example in wordpress plugins which can do so)... but of course, this oportunity would be outstanding

But until then.. I would be satisfied if users could search for the words filled in "Location"

Comment

Originally posted by shining View Post

I did not dare to ask for that
        Because I think for this Google Maps Geolocation API and so on must be integrated to the software somehow (need this for example in wordpress plugins which can do so)... but of course, this oportunity would be outstanding

But until then.. I would be satisfied if users could search for the words filled in "Location"
        If you can talk Glenn into this, I'll split the price with you if he wants to do this work only for us. But I'd want that Geo locator

A custom search page with all the above feature separate from the regular advanced search would be alright too. Otherwise I'd prefer to have it all integrated into the advanced search page.

God bless,
        William

Comment

I will look into this guys
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post

If you can talk Glenn into this, I'll split the price with you if he wants to do this work only for us. But I'd want that Geo locator
            Thats a good idea

(Do you also need a custom gallery? *lol)
            In the old Photobox for VB3 it was also possible to use it as "Advertising Ads" and customers coud search for name, location, etc...

To be honest.. I have just less than basis knowledge of programming... I just know whats possible and how to use it when a tool exist
            My work is to design.. and that for I (normally) just need my adobe cloud, html and CSS knowledge

I work a lot with wordpress, woocommerce.. and there its possible to add plugins that work like a directory/listing

Such php scripts are also availabel.. for example: https://codecanyon.net/item/my-direc...9886?s_rank=12

Having such a tool for vbulletin would be a great goal and I don´t know how much work it is to combine "normal" php scripts and the database and so on.

Well... we can still dream of it

Comment

Originally posted by shining View Post

Thats a good idea

(Do you also need a custom gallery? *lol)
              In the old Photobox for VB3 it was also possible to use it as "Advertising Ads" and customers coud search for name, location, etc...

To be honest.. I have just less than basis knowledge of programming... I just know whats possible and how to use it when a tool exist
              My work is to design.. and that for I (normally) just need my adobe cloud, html and CSS knowledge

I work a lot with wordpress, woocommerce.. and there its possible to add plugins that work like a directory/listing

Such php scripts are also availabel.. for example: https://codecanyon.net/item/my-direc...9886?s_rank=12

Having such a tool for vbulletin would be a great goal and I don´t know how much work it is to combine "normal" php scripts and the database and so on.

Well... we can still dream of it

Yes, but I'd like to see it integrated into more robust profiles. I think this would be a different mod altogether. But I'd like to see profiles like Facebook, custom header selection and wall activity. It probably would be more or less all css to do this.

That way, most single sites and facebook would have nothing on us that are using Vb.

I used Joomla! for eight years with a forum solution by Kunena. I want to stay away from using multiple software solutions because there's so many updates to keep track of. If we could tie everything into vbulletin that'd be great. The less each mod is affected by vbulletin updates the better.

Enjoy,
              William

Comment

Yes... the reason why I am here is because a friend of mine asked me to help her building a community webseite. BUT one of the most important part should be a forum. I have only worked with mybb and phpbb before.. they are good but not.. how can I say... professional. And all CMS systems are good to build a website... bot not as forum. In my opinion there is a huge gap for such a modifacation in the market. I did a lot of research. We have even bought another software (which was quite expensive, over 1000 euro for a licence, we should have better spent that money into a vb developer like glenn ) but after working 4 days with it, we found out that it was good as a social advertising site.. but not for a big community with forum. It had a forum.. but minimalistic as we found out too late

So now I am back to vbulletin We bought that before we realized that nearly no modifications like in older versions are possible.

Yes, vbulletin 5 might not be best in coding... and in my opinion the html AND css structure should be improved (in 2017 you don´t use pictures for gradien background ) . But its responsive and I can build new pages (and templates) sooooo fast and easy like with no other forum software.

So I am really glad to have found Glenn, his forum and this nice community.. there should be much more developers like him. I can´t understand why they keep on working on modifications for a software like vb4 which would be dead if they would not force it to be alive.. and it will be dead in a a few years. The future is in vb5 and upcoming versions.. and the older developers seems to like riding a dead horse. Try to keep it alive because they are afraid of learn something new... I don´t know. You can´t keep on working with windows XP when there is already 10, it works for 2-3 years, but not longer

I love such experiences.. I learn with every single project... and I see it positive.. even when its hard, like this time But a lot of people don´t like changes, work and experience.. maybe that is why they don´t want to make the next step into vb5.

So.. enough said sorry for me being OT.

Have a good night!

Comment

Just a "me too" from me. Member List search functions were basic to the list in previous versions of vB. vB 5.3.1 still has options in the AdminCP to display (or not) profile fields in the list and to make them searchable (or not), but these apparently do not work. Makes one wonder why the options were left in AdminCP (along with various others of the same ilk). Very frustrating! This would be worth $.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"