X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit topics per week for certain usergroups

I'd like to set it so Registered Users can create a new topic in the advertising forums once every 5 days but Premium Members can post a new topic in the advertising forums once every 2 days -- how to go about that?
    HostXNow - UK Web Hosting

I think this is feasible. But give me some time to evaluate this.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Many thanks for checking this glennrocksvb

I'd rather this option. Otherwise, I'd be forced only to allow Premium Members to advertise their services in the Advertising Forums and staff would have to manually check to make sure no one is posting a new topic more than once every 2 days which could become very tedious. I prefer automation. Of course, I can pay you a little for this, so no problem there.

There is an old plugin for this, but I think it only works on vB3/4. I'm not even going to try to use it on vB5. I want clean code as 100% as possible to ensure forum loads as fast as possible, etc.

The one I found was http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131014

An optional addition that would be good and I would pay extra for is if when a member tries to post but the 2 or 5 days haven't passed it triggers a message to be displayed exactly when they can post again. I asked for that feature on some other big forum which they did although that is for vB4. Many find it very useful. Would love to see that with vB5.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do. Feel free to PM ME on this forum if you prefer to discuss this in private.

Thanks again.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the coffee. Will look into this over the weekend.

Ok Glenn. Thanks.

Comment

Any luck with this Glenn? No rush. Just checking if it's doable. This would be an important part of my forum.

Comment

I PM you instead. Thanks.

Comment

webgeek247, is this restriction only for starting a new topic or also for posting a reply or comment?
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              webgeek247, is this restriction only for starting a new topic or also for posting a reply or comment?
              The restriction is only for starting a new topic. There is no need to restrict the replies to the topic once the topic has been created, because I would want to allow customers to ask questions e.g to the hosting provider.

As a web host, if I try to create a new thread at https://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4 to offer web hosting offers I get the message

As a Premium Member, you may only start a new thread every 6 day(s). You may post in this forum again on 03/22/2017 after 7:09 PM.

Upgrade to a Corporate Membership to be able to start a new advertising forum thread every 3 days!
              I would like mine to be slightly different because we don't offer Corporate Membership. I want to allow Regular Members to create a new thread every 5 days and Premium Members to create a new thread every 2 days.

For example, ours would show either of the following depending on whether the member trying to create a new thread is a Regualr Memeber or a Premium Member or not.

As a Regular Member, you may only start a new thread every 5 day(s). You may post in this forum again on 03/22/2017 after 7:09 PM.

Upgrade to a Premium Membership to be able to start a new advertising forum thread every 2 days!
              As a Premium Member, you may only start a new thread every 2 day(s). You may post in this forum again on 03/22/2017 after 7:09 PM

Comment

Thanks for the clarification and the additional details of the requirements. Those are helpful.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

webgeek247, in order to do this properly and avoid having a "hacky" solution, I need new PHP hook events added by vBulletin. I posted a hook request in JIRA. Please vote for it.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 04-17-2017, 06:59 AM.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"