X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starred Posts

One of the most valuable MODs we used in vB 4.2.5 was Starred Posts (https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=323063) written by MarkFL.

Overview:
    This product is designed to give your users the ability to create/manage a list of starred/favorite posts so they can easily locate them in the future. Some users may have limited time when browsing your site, and wish to earmark posts to which they will want to reply later when they have more time. This product will allow them to tag these posts and easily find them later.

Upon installing the product a new table is added to your database to store the data pertaining to the user lists, and a new column is added to your user table to store the number of posts in each user's list.

Users with permission to use the system will see a star icon in the postbits just above the signature and to the far right that allows them to add the posts to their list. Once a post has been added, a checkmark appears next to the star icon to indicate that that post is already on their list, and if this is clicked the post is removed from the list. The icons have tooltips to indicate what will happen upon clicking them, as do all buttons and checkboxes used by the system.​
    Is this something that can be replicated in vB 5?
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

I have already started creating Add to Bookmark mod for vB5 and 6.

I think a saved post feature would be a welcome feature. I get comments similar to this on my forum. This is from the vBulletin Forum: ​ Facebook and my Xenforo competitors have it. I know we have subscribed, but that seems more for threads and not posts. I also don't necessarily want to get notified every time a someone

My Bookmarks module
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	70
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	28888

My Bookmarks page (after clicking View All from My Bookmarks module)

Views:	58
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	28889

Bookmarked Posts in a Topic

Views:	55
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	28890​​

I will finish the mod soon.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Snowhog, here you go...

We are excited to share with you a fantastic new addition to our forum experience – the Add Posts to Bookmarks vBulletin 5 and 6 plugin. This feature is designed to elevate your forum management experience and add a touch of personalization for you and your members. Key Features: Empower Your Members: Offer your community an
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Still not available; not in Paid Mods (I'm assuming this is a/going to be premium mod) or Free Mods.

Comment

I installed it here so it can be tested and bug-free before I release it. It will be a paid mod.. Let me know your feedback.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

In post #2, the first image (My Bookmarks module) show entries with Reply to or Comment on prefacing the Title. Other entries don't have anything. I'm not sure I see the relevance to this. I won't know if I want to Reply or Comment (or just read it again) until I visit the entry. The way I see the world, I'd rather have no 'action' prefacing the Title. It's a small niggle to be sure, and purely one of personal preference.

Also, I don't see the View All button after adding more than one bookmarked entry. (tested here in your Forum).

Added:

I do see the button when accessing your Forum on my iPhone (Safari) but not on my iMac (Safari). I’m aware from my office, so I’ll reverify that when I get back.

Added:

Okay, the View All button shows when viewing the Forum only on a small screen device; smartphone?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

The My Bookmarks module re-uses the same templates used in the existing Search module. You will see the same if you have a Search module that includes replies and comments. For posts that don't have Reply or Comment label, it means that the posts are Starter posts. I think it's a good idea to know that you bookmarked a starter, reply or comment.

You should see the View All button in the My Bookmarks module when there's at least one bookmark. Can you please post a screenshot?
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                Can you please post a screenshot?
                Top image is taken on iMac Safari, middle image is taken on iMac Firefox, bottom image is taken on Ubuntu Linux Firefox.

Click image for larger version  Name:	iMac Firefox Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 1.12.14 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	264.6 KB ID:	29006
                Click image for larger version  Name:	iMac Firefox Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 1.12.14 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	264.6 KB ID:	29008
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Ubuntu Firefox Screenshot_20240221_131630.png Views:	0 Size:	303.5 KB ID:	29009

And now, I'm not seeing the View All button on my iPhone, though I did the first time.
                Attached Files

Comment

The My Bookmarks page will not show the View All button. It will show pagination controls at the bottom depending on the number of bookmarked posts per page setting. I set it to display 10 bookmarked posts per page on this site.

The View All button only appears on the My Bookmarks page module on Home page. I configured it to display up to 5 bookmarked posts only. Clicking View All button redirects to the My Bookmarks page to see all the bookmarked posts with pagination.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

The View All button only appears on the My Bookmarks page module on Home page.
                    Okay.
                    I configured it to display up to 5 bookmarked posts only.
                    Well, I've now added eight Bookmarks, and viewing My Bookmarks page module on Home page on my iPhone (Safari), my Ubuntu (Firefox), and my iMac (Safari and Firefox), all eight bookmarks are shown; there is no View All button.

Comment

Maybe it's a Doh! moment for me?

You mean/meant the View All button only shows in the My Bookmarks module that appears (here) on the right of the Home Page screen. Yes, I see it there.

Comment

I think you're getting confused with the My Bookmarks dedicated page at https://vbmods.rocks/mybookmarks URL and the My Bookmarks sidebar module on Home page at https://vbmods.rocks.

The one on the Homepage is kind of just a "snapshot" of your bookmarks. It just shows only up to 5 bookmarks with View All button. Clicking the View All button redirects to the My Bookmarks dedicated page with pagination that will contain 10 posts per page.
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

This setup is similar to a Latest Posts Search module on Homepage showing few posts with View All button. Clicking View All redirects to the full Search Results page showing all the results with pagination.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I understand. We are on the same page.

The My Bookmarks module shows up to five Bookmarks, and as long as there are at least two, the View All button will be present, and when clicked, takes you to the same page that clicking My Bookmarks on the Navigation Bar takes you to, and that page displays all Bookmarks and doesn't/isn't intended to have the View All button.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                              glennrocksvb commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's right with just one minor correction. The View All button shows up in the My Bookmarks module if there's at least 1 bookmark not 2. It only hides the button if there are no bookmarks.

The View All button shows up in the My Bookmarks module if there's at least 1 bookmark not 2. It only hides the button if there are no bookmarks.
                            You have the module configured to show the View All button if there is at least one Bookmark, and configured to show up to 5 Bookmarks. In my mind, the View All button should only show if there are more than 5 Bookmarks, as having it shown when there are only 1 to 5 Bookmarks gives the user no advantage over just clicking the Navigation Bar My Bookmarks. That's just my view. Of course, I could just elect to use one or the other.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"