First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Registration and something like PhotoPost

Hi there,

I really need some customization...

1. It should be possible for new Users when they register to choose a user group. Right now there its not possible and they automatically get into "registered user" group. I need to change this. They should choose one of three groups like for example if they are a client, company or freelancer.

2. I searching for a thing like PhotoPost, which I have seen on older forum running vbulletin. But this extension is not available anymore Do you have any idea for this? This can also be somethink like an advertising tool for users where they can add their own products with url, prices, contact information, and so on...

3. There should also be a possibility for users to have something like a rating tool. For example like a hotel review. Where they can choose a region, hotel (or whatever), write a review and a box to add the URL, and rate from 1 to 10 for service, price, location and so on...

This and many more was possible in old vbulletin 3 but not in vbulletin 5.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 03-05-2017, 08:52 AM. Reason: Changed title to PhotoPost

#1 is doable. I'll evaluate the other 2.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Just saw that I made a mistake.. not Photobox but PhotoPost is the name for it. Sorry for that.. can´t change it in title of this thread.

While searching in Google, I saw that lots of people are also looking for this. So I think it would be easy for you to sell this solution

And you said 1 is doable? But how? I didn´t found it in the settings Only for paid abonnements...

Comment

I changed the title.

What I meant as doable was it is doable as a mod or plugin. I will create a mod for it.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Great! Looking forward for it...

and for the rest: Like already mentionend we don´t want it for free.. We think a good job should be paid.. so please contact me for further informations so maybe we can pay for the development or figure out what such a plugin will be worth to pay for. I can also offer you to help you with the design if needed or so? (The old PhotoPost Design is awfully oldschool )

Comment

Hi there, any news about this?
            Or does anyone knows if its possible to add this in vbulletin 4?

At the moment I am considering of trying vbulletin 4, because there are more Addons available

Comment

This would be exactly what I need for vbulletin 5: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=registration In the last days I tested a vbulletin 4 installation, this mod works great. But I am not satisfied with vbulletin 4

I think there must already be a possibility to add something like this to registration, because right now you can allready add the "paid memberships" in to the registration form. There is a check-box where you can choose to add the membership to the registration. This button should also be integrated within in User-Group Administration. Or just like the mod above...

Unfortunately its not possible to create a "paid membership" with an amount of 0 Then this would also be a solution for me..

Comment

I can't definitely replicate that vB4 mod without hacking the PHP files as well as templates due to lack of PHP hook events in vB5.

How to create a free subscription is actually in the vBulletin documentation.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you I already saw that... but its also not possible to add this to registration without displaying a price for the "paid membership" which you have to set up for this

Or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

No, because that free subscription is technically not a subscription. But you can add a note in the Registration page to tell users about free subscription by modifying the phrase start_your_signup_process in the Phrase Manager. That phrase displays on top of the Registration page.
                    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hm.. no I think thats not a real option for me. Like we say in german: is neither one thing nor another.
                      Then I better leave it the way it is right now.

Comment

Me again

I was thinking about the kind of photo box module again.

Do you think it would be a lot of work to take the "search module" as an example... than just let photos of albums be shown, with a link to the user profile on it (right now when you search photos, they are shown just the way I want but you can´t click them) and there don´t need to be categories or album names (url does not work right now) be shown, only photo caption...

Oh and it should be possible to choose a special user-group.

Comment

Hmmm... don´t know if I understand it correctly: Did they already put my wish, to choose user groups on registration, on one of the next updates? http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...rversion/10525

Comment

No, they didn't. Check the Fix Version/s field of that JIRA, it says BRB Future Release.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

And what does "BRB Future Release" mean?

Sorry for this maybe stupid question but what I really don´t know what BRB is...

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"