X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save or Favorite Post

I think a saved post feature would be a welcome feature.

I get comments similar to this on my forum. This is from the vBulletin Forum:

Originally posted by jonschreiber
    A user asked this question, and I thought I would seek an answer here:

"The way I use the forum is to display the new posts since my last visit and go through the list. Sometimes I see one that I want to save for later - maybe to reply when I have more time, or just review again later. The problem is that after reading the post, it disappears from the list. I can go look for it in all the different forums, but that is not ideal.

Is there some way to either save these posts that I want to come back to? To tag or save them, or in some way mark them "unread" so they stay on the 'posts since last visit' list?"

I think I understand the question, but I don't know enough about how others use forums or the functionality here to give a good answer.

Any thoughts?

Facebook and my Xenforo competitors have it. I know we have subscribed, but that seems more for threads and not posts. I also don't necessarily want to get notified every time a someone replies to a thread.

I'm a car guy and not a web designer, but if I were tasked to design forum software I would have everything my competitors have, plus things they don't have. I don't understand how vB6 is lagging behind with features.

You're on vBCloud, right? This can only be done using custom PHP code which vBCloud does not allow.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Learning
      Learning commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, the Cloud. That figures. Still, it may be a benefit for others.

I will add it to my todo list. This mod will be very useful. I've seen other users request this feature in the support forum.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I started working on it yesterday and will finish it soon. I'm planning to add it as one of the icons under a post along with Edit, Quuote, Comment, etc. And the bookmarked posts might be located in a custom tab on Profile page.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't that icon list too long now? Will this be for cloud?

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        As mentioned in post #2, this cannot be done in vBCloud. As for the location of the icon, it can also be next to the post number. Maybe that's the better location.

Learning, here you go...

We are excited to share with you a fantastic new addition to our forum experience – the Add Posts to Bookmarks vBulletin 5 and 6 plugin. This feature is designed to elevate your forum management experience and add a touch of personalization for you and your members. Key Features: Empower Your Members: Offer your community an
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"