X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod for displaying thread content according to posts characteristics

Basically, a thread in Vb has posts. Each post can contain attachment(s), posts can also have specific icons (for vB 5.x, I still need to see the icons). When a thread content is displayed (by clicking for example of the POSTS, from the displayed nav. POSTS - LATEST ACTIVITY - PHOTOS), all posts are listed indiscriminately. Would it be possible to have an option (drop down selection in POSTS) where the user can select to have for example: (1) only posts containing attachment(s), (2) only posts without attachments, (3) only posts having a certain "post icon".

Long, long, long time ago, I wrote such mod for vB 3.7.x. As I have migrated to vB 5.7.1, it will take me time to go through the new code (new concepts and way of writing) and assimilate it, in order to rewrite that mod. However, I had the opportunity to look at the advices that you have been giving regarding vB 5.x, as well as the coding, I have also took a look at mod for displaying the first post on all pages, and I am certain that you can produce such mod for displaying thread posts, according the specified posts options, faster than me.

Could you produce such mod? Of course, I will pay for it.

So basically it's like a filter? vB5 has an existing filter in a thread to show only posts within specified time or show a specific content type only.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	25861

But you want to kind of extend it to include other criteria such as with attachments, without attachments, etc?​

Btw, in vB5 only the first post has the post icon when you start a new topic/thread. Replies and comments to it don't have post icons.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	25862
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Exactly, extending that filter with attachments, without attachments, etc...
      By the way, I am still playing with vB5 to see what are the different features. I did not yet managed to have the icons displayed. Checked already your recommendations at vB: files on the server, checked icons path.

Comment

I have just seen that the option to "Select posts with attachments" is available in (thread, article, blog posts) moderation tool. Maybe one can exploit that feature and extend it on the "Filters"?
        Last edited by JFlodder; 12-24-2022, 03:02 AM. Reason: provide accurate information located in (thread) moderation tool

Comment

Were you referring to "Select Post with Attachments"? That exists in Forums as well and that's for selecting (checking the checkbox) the posts with attachments for inline moderation and not to filter the posts.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

From the "Filter" options on a topic discussion, "Select Posts with/having Attachment(s)" that exist in that thread (topic discussion), is a missing option.
            There is such option for thread moderation, but the option is not available for the "Filter" (next to the "Moderate" box, for those who have permission to moderate that topic).
            In the "Articles" section for example, see screen cap image posted at:
            Image Selectpostswithattachment hosted in ImgBB

Thanks for the taking the time to look at it.
            I have send you a donation, for the free mods of yours that I am using.

Comment

The functionality of the Moderation menu items works differently than the Filter menu. So we cannot implement the same Attachment moderation feature to the Filter menu. But we could implement attachment filter in a different way that would behave similarly to the other Filter options.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

That will be excellent, if there could be added the attachment in the filter options. A selection on that option on a given topic would list posts containing attachment(s) for that topic.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"