X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration Confirmation Email acknowledgment

Is it possible to automatically delete users in Users Awaiting Email Confirmation after x amount of time? As I see it, legitimate new registrations should acknowledge the registration confirmation email in short order, or contact us if they are having an issue, assuming an actual human who registered. Myself, I'd like a time limit of one hour, but ideally, it should be Administrator configurable.
    The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

I think it's possible by creating your own custom Scheduled Task that runs every hour and checks users in that usergroup and deletes users accordingly. But what if a user contacted the Admin and while they were discussing the issue, the time limit expired? The Scheduled Task would run and delete that user.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I understand that. I can accept a custom Scheduled Task for this. I'll look into that.

Comment

Okay, so while a custom scheduled task is the way to accomplish my want, I'll need help with the php script it will take to be executed; I'm not a php coder.
        • Filename – the path to the PHP script which contains the code to be run. This should be specified relative to the main forums directory.

Comment

This will not be a simple and straightforward PHP script. It has to query the database to select all users that belong to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup and then check the registration date for each user and compare it to the current date. If the difference exceeds the desired time limit, then delete the user.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"