Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share Buttons

Hi,

Im looking for a mod to add some Share Buttons directly inside the posts like on the following 3.8.11 screenshot. I am using the horizontal postbit on vB 5.6.6.
    Any idea?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-02-28_17-39-24.png Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	24086

Best Regards

By default, vB5 has Facebook and Twitter share buttons in each postbit. Are you not enabling them? I know it's only 2 social networks and way less than the one in your screenshot but those 2 are the most popular anyway.

Personally, I don't like it that's why it's turned off on this site. It's because vB5 has no individual page for each post in a topic. It's just adding an anchor tag #postXXX at the end of URL to scroll to the corresponding post. So the preview of the shared post on social media sites will just show the preview of the first post and not the shared post as you would expect.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

lange, if you try sharing your post (post #139 on page 10) in the Last Visitors mod topic and observe the link preview generated on Facebook, you would see the text content and image of the first post and not the shared post.

Here's the link to that post:

This is a vB4 feature that's missing in vB5. Well, not anymore as I created it! :cool: Features: Displays the visitors in the last hours you configured. Defaults to last 24 hours. Can display Usergroup Legend using the Username HTML Markup setting for each usergroup. (New in v1.12) Can display avatars only, usernames only,

This would be the link preview generated on Facebook:

Click image for larger version

Name:	link-preview.png
Views:	47
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	24089

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi Glenn,

Yes. The default vB 5 Share Buttons are enabled and functional in the horizontal postbit 5.6.6. Just that I think those two buttons would be better placed inside posts. I will read your next message and give you feedback in the next few days.

Ref. : https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-share-buttons

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"